• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Decided to hold off on the Taurus :lol2: picked this up instead. Need to get rid of those tacky pearl grips.

ruger1.jpg

A little beat up, but shoots just fine. 15 yards, 5 shots.

rugertarget.jpg

Here she is with my Win94.

winrugerfull.jpg

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt. 4 5/8" barrel. The Winchester is also in .45 Colt and has a Bushnell mini red dot I just picked up. Nice combo.

thanks for telling me - enjoy your new purchase. I may pick up an old Police Colt .38 from a friend tomorrow (unrelated I suppose :) )

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I like it. And can't beat the pairing with a Winchester 94 in 45. Mine will kill soda cans at 100 yards all day long.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I think fake Ivory would be my best bet. After Joe's fake pearl grips broke, I don't know how long these will last. I got her for $420 OTD, it looks like the last owner dropped her in a gravel pit, there's lots of dings in the aluminum grip frame and ejector rod housing. I tried to talk them down a little more, but they weren't budging. How hard is it to get the dings out? I think I'll call Ruger and see if they'll sell me a new housing.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Jim, nice pairing you have there! I've been wanting to get a SA, would Ruger be a good choice?

Enzo_Guy

Jul 13, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Jim, nice pairing you have there! I've been wanting to get a SA, would Ruger be a good choice?

Ruger is an excellent choice for a SA revolver. What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for the quintessential .45LC SAA, a hunting gun, a plinker, etc?

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Nice. You will enjoy that.

Noticed you threw out an old computer, eh? Did you recently upgrade? What were the specs on the old one?

Used computers make fun targets. hahaha

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Ruger is an excellent choice for a SA revolver. What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for the quintessential .45LC SAA, a hunting gun, a plinker, etc?

Something in .38 special for plinking, I reload .38 special...

Enzo_Guy

Jul 13, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Something in .38 special for plinking, I reload .38 special...

Ruger Vaquero is an excellent choice. The only people who don't like them are the "Colt 4 clicks" purists because the Vaquero has a transfer bar safety and doesn't make the iconic noise the old Colts did when the hammed was cocked.

As long as you can deal with that, I haven't really heard of anyone saying anything bad about a Vaquero.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Ruger Vaquero is an excellent choice. The only people who don't like them are the "Colt 4 clicks" purists because the Vaquero has a transfer bar safety and doesn't make the iconic noise the old Colts did when the hammed was cocked.

As long as you can deal with that, I haven't really heard of anyone saying anything bad about a Vaquero.

I like the old Vaqueros myself. I had to sell my first year Sheriff's model a couple of years ago. And I want my first gun back, a Ruger Blackhawk Buckeye Special 32-20/.32 Magnum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom