May 22, 2005
    Y'all back off until he's done with my house. :draw:

.:D

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Geez, Norton, what's wrong with your house? The amount of time he's taking on it indicates that it's a project for the ages...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Geez, Norton, what's wrong with your house? The amount of time he's taking on it indicates that it's a project for the ages...

We're doing a LOT of work. I'm basically doing everything electrical that I'm thinking I'll ever want done to the house while the walls are out of the basement.

It's a 45 year old house that a previous owner tinkered with and didn't tinker very well and I want it done right.

I don't mind waiting for our schedules to line up because I know it's going to be fixed right when we're done.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    A big +1 for Steve! He just finished replacing an ancient disconnect and running a new outlet for me in our barn. His work is excellent and he's a great guy. I'll gladly call him again next time I'm worried about electrocuting myself.

-Rob

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    and electric perimeter fences take time to install.:D

Yep, and by the time Steve is done with your place will look like a giant bug zapper.

squirrel in yard ... phhhhttt
    dog in yard ... PHHHHTTT
    criminal in yard ... PHHHTTT ... ZZZZZZZ ... Steve, I'm gonna need a bigger panel. :D

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Yep, and by the time Steve is done with your place will look like a giant bug zapper.

squirrel in yard ... phhhhttt
    dog in yard ... PHHHHTTT
    criminal in yard ... PHHHTTT ... ZZZZZZZ ... Steve, I'm gonna need a bigger panel. :D

So you're saying the 1,000 watt service isn't adequate? :(

sskijr

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2008
    Dont have access to a basket lift by any chance. I need ballasts and bulbs most likely replaced in a pole sign.

Sent from my DROIDX

I don't.... one could be rented. How high does the lift have to go?

Once again, thanks for the work, and nice comments guys....

Old Gaffer

Jun 26, 2006
    So you're saying the 1,000 watt service isn't adequate? :(

:lol:

Uhh, Norton, a 1000 watt panel is only 8 amps (about what my Fender Super win Reverb amp draws); it's obvious that electrical conducting isn't what you do best ;)

Now conducting Sondheim in 7/4 time with seven sharps in the key signature? GO FOR IT!

:party29:

Last edited by a moderator:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    OK.....1000 >AMP< panel :o ....sheesh, some people throwing out that Ohm's law card on a brother:sad20:

That reminds me of the story that I tell the kids about the band director in Texas that stabbed one of the flute players in the eye with his baton because she talked too much in rehearsal.

Naturally, being Texas and all, he was sentenced to the electric chair.

On the day of the execution, they strapped him into the chair and asked if he had any last words. Having none, they threw the switch.......and nothing happened.

They tried three more times and on each nothing happened.

Expressing astonishment that their electric chair had failed so miserably, the staff heard the band director say, "It's not your chair boys. I was always a lousy conductor."

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    sskijr said:
    I don't.... one could be rented. How high does the lift have to go?

Once again, thanks for the work, and nice comments guys....

It's not that high maybe 25 feet, just awkward and nearly impossible to work on a ladder. Renting a lift is an easy few hundred though.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    OK.....1000 >AMP< panel :o ....sheesh, some people throwing out that Ohm's law card on a brother:sad20:

That reminds me of the story that I tell the kids about the band director in Texas that stabbed one of the flute players in the eye with his baton because she talked too much in rehearsal.

Naturally, being Texas and all, he was sentenced to the electric chair.

On the day of the execution, they strapped him into the chair and asked if he had any last words. Having none, they threw the switch.......and nothing happened.

They tried three more times and on each nothing happened.

Expressing astonishment that their electric chair had failed so miserably, the staff heard the band director say, "It's not your chair boys. I was always a lousy conductor."

:D

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just want to reiterate to y'all that if you don't call sskijr to do your work, you're missing out.

Steve just rolled out a couple hours ago after about a total of 5 solid days of work upgrading nearly every aspect of our electrical needs.

New service panel and service upgrade.
    generator interlock,
    marked emergency circuits for generator usage
    cleaned up the circuit layout in the box to remove the tandem breakers
    9 new recessed lighting fixtures,
    two new interior wall receptacles,
    two new exterior receptacles,
    new circuit for future work in another room in the basement,
    a new dedicated circuit and outlet for the sump pump,
    retrofitted GFCI into the bathroom,
    generator plug-in from outside,
    new cable TV run,
    cleaned up existing cable TV and internet plug ins
    tidied up former owner's shoddy cable runs that had too many junction boxes,
    installed new stove wire to replace one that was hazardous looking
    replaced a cable that had been sliced open and hidden behind wall.

The one that takes the cake is the hot wire that was just laying in the ceiling, that wasn't connected to anything. That was closely followed by the 3-gang switch box that was wired improperly and was back feeding the circuit. :sad20:

It took a lot of sleuth work to get that all worked out.

Steve doesn't cut any corners on his work and watching him lay out those lights and fish the wires to the outside receptacles was evidence of his skill.

Phase two starts tomorrow with the drywall man coming to get the walls buttoned back up. :party29:

Thanks Steve!:thumbsup:

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I'd like to thank Steve for doing a GREAT job at my home today.
    If you're looking for someone who will do a professional job for a good price-Steve is certainly the one to call.
    Some of the work involved working in "sensitive" areas (gun room), so I didn't feel comfortable with just any local electrician working unsupervised. It's good to know we have skilled tradesmen in our community we can call upon :thumbsup:

Thanks, Steve!

+ 100 :thumbsup:

Haven't had any work done by Steve.....yet. Completely second that it's good to know we have folks with skills as a part of the MDS family.
    Next time I need some work, stand by...!

sskijr

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2008
    Just want to reiterate to y'all that if you don't call sskijr to do your work, you're missing out.

Steve just rolled out a couple hours ago after about a total of 5 solid days of work upgrading nearly every aspect of our electrical needs.

New service panel and service upgrade.
    generator interlock,
    marked emergency circuits for generator usage
    cleaned up the circuit layout in the box to remove the tandem breakers
    9 new recessed lighting fixtures,
    two new interior wall receptacles,
    two new exterior receptacles,
    new circuit for future work in another room in the basement,
    a new dedicated circuit and outlet for the sump pump,
    retrofitted GFCI into the bathroom,
    generator plug-in from outside,
    new cable TV run,
    cleaned up existing cable TV and internet plug ins
    tidied up former owner's shoddy cable runs that had too many junction boxes,
    installed new stove wire to replace one that was hazardous looking
    replaced a cable that had been sliced open and hidden behind wall.

The one that takes the cake is the hot wire that was just laying in the ceiling, that wasn't connected to anything. That was closely followed by the 3-gang switch box that was wired improperly and was back feeding the circuit. :sad20:

It took a lot of sleuth work to get that all worked out.

Steve doesn't cut any corners on his work and watching him lay out those lights and fish the wires to the outside receptacles was evidence of his skill.

Phase two starts tomorrow with the drywall man coming to get the walls buttoned back up. :party29:

Thanks Steve!:thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words Norton! The work is greatly appreciated!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom