• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    PA programs have higher GPA and MCAT scores then MD programs usualy do. Its 80% of the money with more flexibility and a shit ton less schooling.

^
    This.

PA school is more competitive; Good programs can be tough to get into. Besides flexibility and less school, there's also insurance to consider (doc's pay their own versus PA's who ride the hospital's insurance) and job availability (as health care gets more expensive, many places are cutting doctors in lieu of PA's or Nurse Practitioners).

I actually applied for PA schools, and got into a couple of good ones (Drexel and GW.) After going to interviews, though, I realized the job wasn't for me. I got my Master of Science in Biotechnology from Hopkins (and an MBA), instead- now I do pre-phase 1 drug discovery. Was your program an MS or an MPA?

Baltimore has 27 hospitals; I can't imagine that it will be hard to find a position. What do you want to do? Ortho, Peds, OB/GYN?

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    ^
    This.

PA school is more competitive; Good programs can be tough to get into. Besides flexibility and less school, there's also insurance to consider (doc's pay their own versus PA's who ride the hospital's insurance) and job availability (as health care gets more expensive, many places are cutting doctors in lieu of PA's or Nurse Practitioners).

I actually applied for PA schools, and got into a couple of good ones (Drexel and GW.) After going to interviews, though, I realized the job wasn't for me. I got my Master of Science in Biotechnology from Hopkins (and an MBA), instead- now I do pre-phase 1 drug discovery. Was your program an MS or an MPA?

Baltimore has 27 hospitals; I can't imagine that it will be hard to find a position. What do you want to do? Ortho, Peds, OB/GYN?

My degree will be an MSPA. Peds and OB are two that I am NOT interested in :lol2: I am open to just about anything else though. Ortho and ER are at the top of my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom