• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Unless it has changed, being a Capitol Police Officer does not qualify as "Law enforcement experience " when applying for a federal position. Not sure why that ever came about. I guess someone pissed of a Congressman.

My point is the irony and hypocrisy of some of the very people who get their underwear in a bunch over "cop bashing" and then turn around and dis another branch of LE because apparently it's not tactical or real enough.

I could care less about the technicalities of whether the Capitol Police qualifies them for some other position, they're cops like any other cops. Same goes for USSSUD

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My point is the irony and hypocrisy of some of the very people who get their underwear in a bunch over "cop bashing" and then turn around and dis another branch of LE because apparently it's not tactical or real enough.

I could care less about the technicalities of whether the Capitol Police qualifies them for some other position, they're cops like any other cops. Same goes for USSSUD

I wasn't saying they weren't. Since the subject was brought up, I brought this up. Probably just seeing if anyone may know why this is.

The only cops I bash are the ones who do not exhibit confidence and knowledge perforning their duties.

sandbanger

how's it going eisenhower
    Dec 14, 2010
    Confidential. The lowest level of classification.

fouo is the lowest, confidential is something business' have like "hr" paperwork

FOUO isnt a security clearance either.

secret- basic criminal background check, credit, and phone call interviews, residency

ts ssbi - same as above, they do personal interviews as well and check residency records

ts sci- same as above more thorough investigation, allows access into scifs

ts ci poly- same as above, must pass a counterintelligence polygraph, must identify all foreign contacts/ sexual deviancy and life choice questions are not involved. Only questions pertaining to loyalty, and foreign contacts.

ts fs poly, same as above including questioning. Full scope polygraph will ask questions about homosexuality drug use, illicit behavior, criminal acts you say it they ask it.

Wiley-X

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 25, 2011
    fouo is the lowest, confidential is something business' have like "hr" paperwork

FOUO is gone as of 2006.

Confidential is something that the military has and is the lowest level of clearance/classification.

From DoD 5200.1-PH

There are three levels of classification, “TOP SECRET”, “SECRET” and
    “CONFIDENTIAL.” Do not use other terms, such as “Official Use Only,” or
    “Administratively Confidential,” to identify classified national security information.

murphy83

May 2, 2011
    Unless it has changed, being a Capitol Police Officer does not qualify as "Law enforcement experience " when applying for a federal position. Not sure why that ever came about. I guess someone pissed of a Congressman.

Anyone have an idea why this is? I had never heard that before. What about the USSS UD? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Anyone have an idea why this is? I had never heard that before. What about the USSS UD? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

To my knowledge it's the fact that USCP is the wrong branch of Gov't. I'd assume that almost everyone else (except Supreme Ct police) are Executive Branch.

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    Funny, one MUST pass this but not the Chimp in Chief himself who would NOT qualify for anything more then a low level confidential clearance. His coke use would have disqualified him at the 'print your name" line.

"Candidates must be U.S. citizens and must submit to urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment. All Secret Service positions require a top secret security clearance."

I'll repeat what a Navy Chaplain once said to me:

"Never forget that our political leadership will hold you to a higher moral, ethical, and professional standard that they will hold themselves."

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I've gone ahead and locked this one. It was about a job opening that expired two years ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom