Which states are most likely to stem the blue wave (1/21)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    I was kickin it around google. It seems like every hard conservative state from WV to Utah has counties turning blue. Texas almost flipped to Biden at one point this election. Florida has a more pleasant showing but still as I recall only went Trump 5%.

Are there anymore states I guess other than Mississippi that are equivalent to the dems NY or California?

Who has the best chance to holdout for a say a 30 year outlook?

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I was kickin it around google. It seems like every hard conservative state from WV to Utah has counties turning blue. Texas almost flipped to Biden at one point this election. Florida has a more pleasant showing but still as I recall only went Trump 5%.

Are there anymore states I guess other than Mississippi that are equivalent to the dems NY or California?

Who has the best chance to holdout for a say a 30 year outlook?

Whichever state that doesn't have many Starbucks, veggies only restaurants, and very little organic products.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I personally don't think the last election has any bearing unless the mail in voting is maintained. This is the sole cover used to allow the Democrats to win.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I personally don't think the last election has any bearing unless the mail in voting is maintained. This is the sole cover used to allow the Democrats to win.

I agree let's see how the mid terms go. If the dems go hard left they may over play their hand, That is if people are pay attention.:sad20:

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Prolly some place where life is hard, hard work is rewarded, and family values are strong.

Alaska, N. and S. Dakota. Wyoming.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Or Trump having been a terrible president that the vast majority of people hated...

That probably had nothing to do with him losing the election. He did better than most expected in the end.

I suspect Republicans will do better in the midterms, but they had a decent showing this election considering the boat anchor that was Trump on the ticket. They won pretty much every house seat they held before and even took a few back from Democrats. In Arizona and Georgia they lost those senate seats by not very much (and won seats in purple states they were not expected to likely win). Won't have Trump on the 2022 ticket driving Democrat turn out and possibly fewer Republicans disgusted with their entire party because of Trump support voting against a Republican Congressman or Senator (I know a number of them who voted straight blue because they hate Trump, after being life long Republicans).

That said, Republicans are defending a lot more senate seats in 2022 than in 2020 or 2018. So not a lot of room to pick up seats there. But likely a lot easier to defend them. Though it depends on if Trump just fades away, or if continues to divide the party. The later is probably going to hurt chances in 2022 significantly.

Nov 10, 2020
    Or Trump having been a terrible president that the vast majority of people hated...

That probably had nothing to do with him losing the election. He did better than most expected in the end.

I suspect Republicans will do better in the midterms, but they had a decent showing this election considering the boat anchor that was Trump on the ticket. They won pretty much every house seat they held before and even took a few back from Democrats. In Arizona and Georgia they lost those senate seats by not very much (and won seats in purple states they were not expected to likely win). Won't have Trump on the 2022 ticket driving Democrat turn out and possibly fewer Republicans disgusted with their entire party because of Trump support voting against a Republican Congressman or Senator (I know a number of them who voted straight blue because they hate Trump, after being life long Republicans).

That said, Republicans are defending a lot more senate seats in 2022 than in 2020 or 2018. So not a lot of room to pick up seats there. But likely a lot easier to defend them. Though it depends on if Trump just fades away, or if continues to divide the party. The later is probably going to hurt chances in 2022 significantly.

>"Vast majority of people hated"

>Gained 12 million votes from 2016 to 2020

Nov 10, 2020
    And 23(24 if you count Sessions old spot)GOP seats were up for reelection in 2020, vs the 20 that are up in 22. 0 for 2 you are so far.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Texas and a few other red states have barred their use.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    There is hope though. The Dems HR1 was looking to codify mail in ballots nationwide. It's already been scuttled and will be broken up into pieces. In addition, 2 Dem Senators (Sinema and Manchin) publicly said they will maintain the filibuster. There's no way the GOP will allow for national mail in ballots.
    Although its under the radar, several states are proceeding with TRUE audits of the election. I believe they will pass additional legislation to put the voting back to what it was supposed to be. We have to be wary that if Zuckerberg starts pouring money into some SoS race that we'd better damn well make sure that candidate doesn't win.
    And God willing, by the 2022 mid terms Covid will be under control and no longer an excuse for everything.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Pffff,,,
    Cheyenne is starting to look like Denver,, phucking hipsters sprouting up all over.
    When you walk 3 blocks and see 2-3 white dudes with dreadlocks and smelling like they aint showered in a week,,,

Prolly some place where life is hard, hard work is rewarded, and family values are strong.

Alaska, N. and S. Dakota. Wyoming.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

I think it's fair to say that, post Trump especially, the Republicans right now don't know who or what they are. If Trump was anything, he was polarizing. More so than any politician I've ever seen previously. To some, he could part the Red Sea. To others, he was almost literally the Anti-Christ. It remains to be seen how much of that was Trump policy, and how much was Trump personality. I don't think we know yet which drove voting. Few people are neutral with regard to Trump.

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    If the rampant voter ‘irregularities’ are not fixed, we will never see another republican president, at least not one that is remotely conservative...

Between the voter shenanigans and the media curve, constitutional values and conservatism in politics is simple dead.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    There is hope though. The Dems HR1 was looking to codify mail in ballots nationwide. It's already been scuttled and will be broken up into pieces. In addition, 2 Dem Senators (Sinema and Manchin) publicly said they will maintain the filibuster. There's no way the GOP will allow for national mail in ballots.
    Although its under the radar, several states are proceeding with TRUE audits of the election. I believe they will pass additional legislation to put the voting back to what it was supposed to be. We have to be wary that if Zuckerberg starts pouring money into some SoS race that we'd better damn well make sure that candidate doesn't win.
    And God willing, by the 2022 mid terms Covid will be under control and no longer an excuse for everything.

Nah you didnt see where they are now claiming Covid can be dormant in the brain for long periods then magically pop up. They are already planning the 22 and 24 covid outbreaks that will coincide with Flu season of course and have to shut the country down around elections time.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Nah you didnt see where they are now claiming Covid can be dormant in the brain for long periods then magically pop up. They are already planning the 22 and 24 covid outbreaks that will coincide with Flu season of course and have to shut the country down around elections time.

My concern as well. Unfortunately the current idiocy probably IS the new normal, as much as we want it to be wished away (though its complete idiocy).

So much for "the service economy" that pretended to be sustainable. So many people employed doing "stuff" for other people that they should do themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom