• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I recently completed an 80% 9mm and bought a couple 10 round MecGar mags. The first and last rounds seem to be extra particular regarding loading; the follower will let them tip up or down and jam the gun if EXTRA care isn't taken while loading. Kinda disappointed me because the follower seemed to be a copy of the extremely good Chip McCormick follower for .45's and I've had 100% satisfaction with MecGars in my Hi Powers. My 10 round McCormick .45's didn't always work when they were brand new, but work perfect every time now that they are worn in. Wondering if I should just put some more rounds thru these MecGar 10's, just load them to 9 or try some other brand.

Other than the first/last round when the mags are loaded to 10, I have no other function concerns with the build. 2 thru 9 always function 100%, 1 and 10 will if I have taken extra time and triple checked the mag as I loaded it. With 8 or less it always rips thru all 8 flawlessly, so I am blaming the mags and not the gun.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I recently completed an 80% 9mm and bought a couple 10 round MecGar mags. The first and last rounds seem to be extra particular regarding loading; the follower will let them tip up or down and jam the gun if EXTRA care isn't taken while loading. Kinda disappointed me because the follower seemed to be a copy of the extremely good Chip McCormick follower for .45's and I've had 100% satisfaction with MecGars in my Hi Powers. My 10 round McCormick .45's didn't always work when they were brand new, but work perfect every time now that they are worn in. Wondering if I should just put some more rounds thru these MecGar 10's, just load them to 9 or try some other brand.

Other than the first/last round when the mags are loaded to 10, I have no other function concerns with the build. 2 thru 9 always function 100%, 1 and 10 will if I have taken extra time and triple checked the mag as I loaded it. With 8 or less it always rips thru all 8 flawlessly, so I am blaming the mags and not the gun.

I have some Chip McCormick and Tripp Cobra mags I can let you use to trouble shoot if you want?

PM me an address and I'll pay to ship them your way if you pay return shipping.

Is it a ramped or non-ramped barrel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom