• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Bound book meaning pages in a binder (as opposed to loose sheets in a folder); you can print out this PDF on 3-hole paper, put the pages in a binder, and use it. I keep my license, receipts, log, and ATF publications all in the same 3" binder with pockets.

(PDF attached)

Half-cocked: Did you ever come up with ther exact Bound Book PDF form to be used for C&R purchases/sales? Hopefully, there is one that can be printed out and used in a looseleaf binder.
    You had early on provided a PDF link, but I think someone pointed out that it was the wrong one.
    What say yo?
    Thanks!
    PS- I don't guess that there is a Bound Book that can be purchased from a vendor that would be approved by the ATF?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    There are several formats available out there in the public domain, for C&R logging. I don't believe there's an "official" format required by the BATF; what is required is that you record the information spelled out by the BATF, pertaining to the acquisition and disposing of your C&R guns.

In fact, if it was completely hand-written, I think it would be completely acceptable to the BATF, provided everything was legible and all the required information was there.

I believe Brownell's sells a bound C&R recording book, not 100% positive.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    There are several formats available out there in the public domain, for C&R logging. I don't believe there's an "official" format required by the BATF; what is required is that you record the information spelled out by the BATF, pertaining to the acquisition and disposing of your C&R guns.

In fact, if it was completely hand-written, I think it would be completely acceptable to the BATF, provided everything was legible and all the required information was there.

I believe Brownell's sells a bound C&R recording book, not 100% positive.
    Thanks for input, Half.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Everyone appreciates the extensive C&R vendor purchase list as do I. I do not have accounts with any of these companies on the list, save for Midway. My question is this: Is it necessary to establish an account with a company first, then send in the C&R license? Or, should one just send in the C&R license, even if company has not requested it, and establish an account afterwards? Moreover, when you purchase with a C&R to get discounts, is it best to call the company or merely order the item online (website)?
    Thanky!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Everyone appreciates the extensive C&R vendor purchase list as do I. I do not have accounts with any of these companies on the list, save for Midway. My question is this: Is it necessary to establish an account with a company first, then send in the C&R license? Or, should one just send in the C&R license, even if company has not requested it, and establish an account afterwards?
    Just send it even though they have not requested it and then establish the account later after it has arrived.

Moreover, when you purchase with a C&R to get discounts, is it best to call the company or merely order the item online (website)?
    Thanky!
    Depends on the company and their practice. Usually if you are listed as a C&R FFL on your account, you can do either.
    However, when buying C&R handguns some make you call, but not for rifles which you can order online.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I received the C&R info package last week, how long after that should i wait before I get worried about the license itself having been lost in the mail?

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I received the C&R info package last week, how long after that should i wait before I get worried about the license itself having been lost in the mail?
    I received my C&R license, but not the info pack. I know its coming though, at least, I would think so. I read somwhere there can be a 10 day difference.

dink74

Jun 15, 2009
    I received my C&R license, but not the info pack. I know its coming though, at least, I would think so. I read somwhere there can be a 10 day difference.

I have had my C&R for over a month now and no info package just the single sheet license in an envelope so far. I have made copies of it, signed them and sent out about 10 of them so far to different C&R dealers so when I am ready to make my first purchase they will have my info. just need to get a bound log book.

Dink

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I have had my C&R for over a month now and no info package just the single sheet license in an envelope so far. I have made copies of it, signed them and sent out about 10 of them so far to different C&R dealers so when I am ready to make my first purchase they will have my info. just need to get a bound log book.

Dink
    Most of the info package is online if you need to read it.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm
    http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/2005/p53004/index.htm
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/statelaws/28thedition/index.htm

However, you will need the firearms loss/theft form/booklet on hand because you are supposed to fill it out and send it in within so many days of a theft.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    So, I am planning on sending in my C&R soon. But, I want to purchase about $300 worth of stuff from Midway. Is the discount good enough to wait the several months to get the C&R back? Or go ahead and order now to finish a couple projects? Does the C&R discount apply to everything they sell, or just related curio items? Thanks in advance for the help.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    So, I am planning on sending in my C&R soon. But, I want to purchase about $300 worth of stuff from Midway. Is the discount good enough to wait the several months to get the C&R back? Or go ahead and order now to finish a couple projects? Does the C&R discount apply to everything they sell, or just related curio items? Thanks in advance for the help.

discount applies to everything they sell and the discount varies by item but is usually worth it

Shadow68

May 4, 2009
    AA Co.
    discount applies to everything they sell and the discount varies by item but is usually worth it

Agreed.
    My observation has been that the C&R discount on most things is usually a little bit less than the prices of products when they are "on sale"

Pilot7576

Aug 13, 2009
    It's been over a month since they deducted the thirty bucks from the credit card...how long does it take to get the license in hand?

Mike

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Here's a tip for the bound book, I used the blank page templates and made my own cover page and setup through FedEx Office website and ordered a printed bound copy which I picked up at the local store. Easy, compliant, professional appearance, and cost only $8.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    WOW that's slow. Mine took exactly 30 days from when I mailed. Mailed app May 8th, received C&R FFL June 8th, received ATF package June 20th.

This was last year, so I guess they got caught up since then.
    The funny thing is, I have not used the license to buy anything yet.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    This was last year, so I guess they got caught up since then.
    The funny thing is, I have not used the license to buy anything yet.

Haven't bought anything yet either but I have set myself up for the Midway and Brownells dealer discounts, and have gone on file with SOG, Century, AIM, Samco, and J&G as a prelude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom