• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I just had a FTF with PSA in Harrisburg. They confirmed that if a dealer calls and orders the complete lower,they will ship them.
    They are concerned over potential liabilities of shipping a rifle lower (transferred as such) and an illegal upper being installed. This is why stripped lowers, complete firearms and pistol lowers are OK- there isn't much legal intrepation problems from the end user.
    Not great, but at least they're not completely snubbing us.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I just had a FTF with PSA in Harrisburg. They confirmed that if a dealer calls and orders the complete lower,they will ship them.
    They are concerned over potential liabilities of shipping a rifle lower (transferred as such) and an illegal upper being installed. This is why stripped lowers, complete firearms and pistol lowers are OK- there isn't much legal intrepation problems from the end user.
    Not great, but at least they're not completely snubbing us.

I tried to order a complete PA-10 (AR10) rifle from them in Dec 2017 and they would not sell it to me. They said I could buy a stripped lower and a complete upper with an LPK and stock parts kit and that would be ok. I didn't really feel like doing another AR build but it did save me $70.

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    I tried to order a complete PA-10 (AR10) rifle from them in Dec 2017 and they would not sell it to me. They said I could buy a stripped lower and a complete upper with an LPK and stock parts kit and that would be ok. I didn't really feel like doing another AR build but it did save me $70.

Same here. I ordered it, and 2 days later I got an email saying cancelled. The upper was $400 and lower was $200 each with $17 shipping for a total of $634. I had to buy a stripped lower and 18" rifle kit with everything else and it came out to $12 more, and I have to build it myself (not an issue). For some reason they didn't charge shipping on the stripped lower, but wanted $17 for a completed lower.

PSA says they will only ship stripped lowers to Maryland; it's in their terms of service / FAQ / CYA / disclaimer / whatever.

OP Here...
    They will accept phone orders from MD FFL's for anything they carry. The FFL will need to become a PSA dealer (JLowes was one) and the FFL places the order. We then buy from the FFL- not directly from PSA and the FFL as the paperwork only FFL.

The important thing to understand- as discussed/debated in other threads- is that PSA limits what Maryland residents can order directly from them. A MD FFL can buy 30rd mags, complete lowers, banned rifles, etc. PSA's stance is that if they had no involvement with the end user, the liability is fully on the FFL, not them.
    If you want something PSA won't ship, have your FFL call in the order (they get a discount) and order it themselves. You are then buying from the FFL- not using them as a transfer FFL for paperwork.
    This is their lawyer's method to shield PSA from MD lawsuits rather than keeping up on our ever changing laws.

Last edited:

jamesenoch

Aug 23, 2014
    OP Here...
    They will accept phone orders from MD FFL's for anything they carry. The FFL will become a PSA dealer (JLowes was one) and the FFL places the order. We then buy from the FFL- not directly from PSA and the FFL as the paperwork only FFL.

The important thing to understand- as discussed/debated in other threads- is that PSA limits what Maryland residents can order directly from them. A MD FFL can buy 30rd mags, complete lowers, banned rifles, etc. PSA's stance is that if they had no involvement with the end user, the liability is fully on the FFL, not them.
    If you want something PSA won't ship, have your FFL call in the order (they get a discount) and order it themselves. You are then buying from the FFL- not using them as a transfer FFL for paperwork.
    This is their lawyer's method to shield PSA from MD lawsuits rather than keeping up on our ever changing laws.

Example : I went through John Lowe and purchased a PSA AR-10 complete lower for $159 in December, and purchased a AR-10 complete upper directly from PSA in January for $417 (includes S/H). A total for $576 for an AR-10. Not too bad. :D

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Example : I went through John Lowe and purchased a PSA AR-10 complete lower for $159 in December, and purchased a AR-10 complete upper directly from PSA in January for $417 (includes S/H). A total for $576 for an AR-10. Not too bad. :D

Not too Bad? That was a major score.:thumbsup: I paid $630 and feel like I stole it at that price!

PSA says they will only ship stripped lowers to Maryland; it's in their terms of service / FAQ / CYA / disclaimer / whatever.

They were very open and clear about their policies and why they are in place. I will email the brass I spoke with and see if their website can be updated to reflect no direct sales to Maryland residents- must be ordered by a MD dealer of PSA products.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    So is there any confirmation one way or the other on PSA shipping complete uppers or pistol kits to Maryland without going through a FFL? I figure AR pistols are legal, so a pistol kit should be ok, right?

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    So is there any confirmation one way or the other on PSA shipping complete uppers or pistol kits to Maryland without going through a FFL? I figure AR pistols are legal, so a pistol kit should be ok, right?

Complete uppers and pistol kits are shipped to MD, no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom