• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    Any suggestions on where to fish at Pax River? No problem getting on base as I’m retired CS and have a pass just wanted to know where to go.
    Thanks

Mark

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Any suggestions on where to fish at Pax River? No problem getting on base as I’m retired CS and have a pass just wanted to know where to go.

Thanks

Mark
    I often see folks fishing just North of fishing pier on Cedar Point Rd close to bridge for Goose Creek inlet.

Second place is East Patuxent Basin. Again off of Cedar Point Rd but opposite side of base. Entrance just before 180 degree turn around Runway 14.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Rivers Edge Officer's club off the rocks there. Same with the outer edge of the marina.
    Hog's Point
    The concrete sea wall just past the Test Pilot School (Great crabbing too with string, net, and chicken necks).
    Goose Creek, in the late afternoons with the tide coming out of the creek. Rockfish tend to patrol the water when the baitfish are being flushed out.
    That whole sea boulder wall across the street from the old officer's club.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Brings back memories, trot line crabbing alongside the long wooden bridge. So easy to fill a bushel, then run alongside the pilings picking off crabs with the net. So many crabs in that pond that the rays would fly in in formation filling their bellies.
    BTW, what is up with the old "O" club? See it is getting demolished, will a new building take it's place?

On another note about Pax, I was at the Loveville DMV the other day. Got in a conversation with a lady while we waited. She told me that she and her family live in base housing, and her husband is retired active duty. She said retired and some civil servants now occupy units in the housing. Interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom