• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I have several golden boys, the .44 gave me some trouble with a broken firing pin and 2 cracked tube magazines. The mags were cracking the ends off from the recoil but then again I put thousands of rounds through the rifle. Customer service was always top notch. I would get my rifle back cleaned,polished and once with new fore and butt stocks.

New stocks why? Those stocks had cracked?

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I got my Henry back, and it works great. The repair ticket says "smoothed chamber." I also got a call from some manager at the company, who apologized for their failure to follow up on my initial inquiries and subsequent calls that went unanswered.

I sent 20 rounds through it in the backyard range after the UPS guy dropped it off. It works as smooth as butter. I'd say Henry's restored my faith in the company, though perhaps they should have "smoothed the chamber" before it left the factory the first time.

Generally speaking, Henry "HAS" been known for great customer service in the past. Granted, the rifle should never have left the factory in that condition.

That said, I don't think a 6 week turnaround is too bad. I've had some experience sending firearms back to their manufacturers.

I had a nice JM stamped Marlin 1894C 38/.357 lever gun that had a barrel bluing issue. I sent it to Marlin. I got it back "4 months later". Turns out it was actually repaired in 2 weeks but it sat in the corner of their shop for another 6 weeks before it was shipped ( after NUMEROUS phone calls ).

What can I say, $hit happens. :innocent0

ps: I never used .38's...poor performance. I always used Hornady's .357 Magnum LeveRevolution ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom