• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If any of you are personally impacted by this do yourself a favor and get your own estimate (from someone using insurance industry standard estimating software) and your own damage inspection PRIOR to filing your claim. The burden of proof falls on you in the insurance claim process to establish coverage as well as the value of the loss. Your insurance carrier will likely send out a young inexperienced adjuster who will write for a bunch of Band-Aid fix repairs. This is by design and is the trend in the industry. The insurance carrier saves money by not training the adjuster and then saves money again because when you are untrained you are always going to write a lower estimate. Most homeowners and business owners accept the settlement they are offered by the insurance company and often believe it is fair. There is a virtual 100% certainty that any offer you get from the insurance company is not fair to you. The insurance companies are able to get away with this by placing all of the burdens in the insurance policy on you, the policyholder. Since most policyholders are untrained and ill prepared to deal with a situation like this the insurance company wins time and time again. The primary focus of nearly every insurance company now is profitability not customer satisfaction. Keep this in mind when the nice young guy smiling at you hands you a small check and congratulates you on the fact that you have in his words "minor" damage.

We are an industry partner at MDShooters and do all the work of presenting a claim and obtaining the maximum settlement for you. We have served many MDS members with extreme success.

Whether you contact us or not please keep the above information in mind. Be sure to meet your burden and have your documentation ready BEFORE you file your claim. You have at least 6 months and possibly as long as 3 years to file a storm damage claim with any carrier in Maryland.

www.dottrio.com

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    EXCELLENT guidance above from a trusted resource.

Overboost44 checked in with me to confirm he is out of power. He is several miles due south of the tornado track, and says his main North/South access--Route 8--is closed.

We are staying in touch to supplement with generators. Because the tornado track was narrow, they might get power up today.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Wow. I hope everyone is okay.
    45445142266b88e1f6ea58a0b06d6dc7.jpg

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    At 1:30 AM, I really do hope these folks were able to take some type of cover. If they were in their beds, I'm not sure they are standing on their own today.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Wow. I hope everyone is okay.
    45445142266b88e1f6ea58a0b06d6dc7.jpg

According to the Presser from QA Emergency Manager (BTW - Paramedic Classmate of Mine:innocent0): The one injury transported reported was the elderly gentleman that lived in this house. He self-extricated and had a minor puncture wound.

An absolute miracle that were no fatalities or even injuries, given the the timing and the lack of basements in the area.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    According to the Presser from QA Emergency Manager (BTW - Paramedic Classmate of Mine:innocent0): The one injury transported reported was the elderly gentleman that lived in this house. He self-extricated and had a minor puncture wound.

An absolute miracle that were no fatalities or even injuries, given the the timing and the lack of basements in the area.
    God exists, no doubt about it. That is indeed a miracle.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Even though I moved from the area in 2004, I still have friends in the area.

The Heavy Rescue from Kent Island was the Limo at our wedding and the guys who crewed it both live in Bay City. One lives right on Rt. 8 below Farmer Johns.

I hope Paul, Dave, Woody, and families are all OK.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Channel 11 news said that just the man in the home pictured above was the only injury. I find that hard to believe, but I'll take it. One man with a puncture wound is the only injury that Channel 11 is reporting.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Channel 11 news said that just the man in the home pictured above was the only injury. I find that hard to believe, but I'll take it. One man with a puncture wound is the only injury that Channel 11 is reporting.

......and he's been "treated and released" at Queen Anne's Medical Center.

Amazing......

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.

Wow! Thank God. I'm sure at 1:30 am no one was seeking shelter. That pic looks bad. Could have been much worse.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Time to post up some pics:

First, bringing a generator to my old Kent Island pal Overboost44. Yeah, baby, we got power!

Chris has fallen limbs in his neighborhood a few miles south of the destruction zone. Folks down there have water problems because they are on pumps.

Most of Kent Island is without power. It is now said to be an F-2 tornado.

Attachments

• IMG_8456.jpg
      IMG_8456.jpg
      170.9 KB · Views: 173

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Sad, this 300 year old hollow tree--a real treasure-- did not survive.

This is at a house on Route 8, just a half mile south of the Bay Bridge.

Attachments

• IMG_8467.jpg
      IMG_8467.jpg
      120.2 KB · Views: 167

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom