• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Lazarus, I have used B&B Butchering in Little Orleans in a pinch. When hunting in Green Ridge, we usually butcher our deer in camp. I did however use these guys once when I was in a hurry to get back and was going back up later that week and picked up my deer. Did not have them do anything special, just skin, cut an wrap. They did a decent job. Just my experience. Good luck!

https://www.manta.com/c/mm0qky3/b-b-butchering

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...671f962c0df121!8m2!3d39.6747363!4d-78.3715821

Lazarus- I've had good experiences with KS Cuts. They're sort of north of Gaithersburg...I guess that area might be called Damascus but it's not in a town. They do good work and have 24 hour drop off.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    KS Cuts is in the wrong county for a deer harvested in CWDMA.

Yeah unfortunately. I really like M&G near me in Carroll. They are about 20 minutes from my house, but 24/7 drop off, vacuum seal the meat and generally do a great job cleaning it up. But...I can’t take anything to them from GRSF :-(

Otherwise If I got a buck tomorrow I’d just leave it in my trunk. High of like 40F and 20s over night If I park in the shade, it would be just fine the next evening.

But alas no. That is my plan for the Eastern shore though for late season if I get anything the first day. Unless it is unseasonably warm.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I found some pictures of that Bullwinkle deer on the game cam, the earliest is May 05, nothing that looks like this over the winter or last yr.

Attachments

• PICT1129.jpg
      PICT1129.jpg
      109.8 KB · Views: 188
    • PICT1128.jpg
      PICT1128.jpg
      109.5 KB · Views: 184
    • PICT1174.jpg
      PICT1174.jpg
      108.3 KB · Views: 187

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    So who's going out tonight and/or tomorrow with the pending weather? I'll be in a stand tonight for sure, and probably tomorrow morning. I love hunting over snow...

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Now that the guys are not mowing my lawn, I may set up a blind at my fence line for the next month which is 50yards from my feeder and try out my new ML.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If I'm not coughing my fool head off, I'll be out. 'Red moon' morning. Peak activity forecast. Just loaded my wheeler up.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Sitting now, chilly n light snow falling, pumped. Hopefully get to see one of the bucks I am chasing.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Out now. Seen some deer off in the field, but nobody close yet (bowhunting). Hopefully get don't come last second again.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Congrats. I am hunting GRSF for the first time. I got in at 7:45. I saw a flock of turkeys. Some squirrels and around 10am as I sat down in a likely spot I managed to bump a couple of does from cover on the opposite ridge line.

Nothing (other than squirrels) the rest of the day. Out again tomorrow. Hoping that spot where I bumped the does is productive. That or I might setup one ravine over if there is no one there (a little gentler slope and slightly more open woods, closer to the river also)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom