• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Any news yet?

He's too busy "information gathering" in NH and 26 other states to bother with us right now. Heard him on C-Span just a little while ago.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    He's too busy "information gathering" in NH and 26 other states to bother with us right now. Heard him on C-Span just a little while ago.
    He's jealous of Bill Weld. I wouldn't be surprised if Hogan ran this time. He won't beat Trump, but he'll establish a campaign network, get some donors, and get national level publicity. It will position him for 2024 no matter who's in the WH (*if* he could make it through those primaries).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Oh I can't wait till his Presidential campaign calls and asks me for money... will they get an earful.

I was a large supporter for his first campaign. I can't tell you all of the emails I've gotten since then asking for more money. I've replied a few times but they must not go to humans, so I just delete them now. As a matter of fact, just yesterday, I got a sweet little email stating that they miss my money support and want me to show my support by donating more money.

DELETE...

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Mance and Pena look like they are both being held. Probably pending NYSRPA.

HPRB is basically walking dead.

We wont know about Rogers v Grewal (3rd circuit carry) until after the veto. But, given the status of Mance and Pena, there is a high probability in my mind it also gets held or outright granted. Setting aside SB1000, Hogan should be preparing the MSP for shall issue. It will be quite a culture shock. HPRB is going away one way or the other.
    That won't get rid of those pesky restrictions. Still need the HPRB.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I just checked and SB 1000 is not on today's (April 30, 2019) list of bills to be signed.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It does. Any vetoes today would be overridden in the special session tomorrow.

I thought that the only thing that can be discussed or voted on was what was presented in the request (petitioned) for the special session. Since this special session is to elect a new speaker, then isn't that the only thing that can be discussed?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I thought that the only thing that can be discussed or voted on was what was presented in the request (petitioned) for the special session. Since this special session is to elect a new speaker, then isn't that the only thing that can be discussed?

This. They can’t just override a veto unless the special session is called for that purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Every authority I have seen, including the MD constitution, says that the legislature can (and will) consider veto overrides at special sessions. That would include a later one to consider changing the gerrymander map, if that happens.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Why, the special session doesn’t have anything to do with it.

Per Maryland Constitution, if he vetoes a bill, the veto over ride must be taken up at the beginning of the next session. So, if he vetoes SB1000 before the special session they have to take up the over ride as the first business per Maryland's Constitution, and it would be over ridden and become law immediately, as opposed to being vetoed and giving us breathing room for the several federal lawsuits to come to final rulings in the Supreme Court.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Per Maryland Constitution, if he vetoes a bill, the veto over ride must be taken up at the beginning of the next session. So, if he vetoes SB1000 before the special session they have to take up the over ride as the first business per Maryland's Constitution, and it would be over ridden and become law immediately, as opposed to being vetoed and giving us breathing room for the several federal lawsuits to come to final rulings in the Supreme Court.

I’m apparently misinformed then.
    So they don’t have to call that session specifically for a veto but if they call for any special session, the veto must be the first order of business regardless of why the session was called. Is that correct?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    So we need to contact the Governors office for him to Veto a bill to save a board that isn't meeting any more?
    And has vacancies that he , Governor hasn't filled?

Consider this signed by Lazy Larry.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So they don’t have to call that session specifically for a veto but if they call for any special session, the veto must be the first order of business regardless of why the session was called. Is that correct?

Per the Maryland Constitution, that is entirely correct.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

I've seen that very thing stated here and I, too, thought it was right. Thanks dblas for clearing that up.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom