• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    If you're unfamiliar with the thread brentona got a bunch of us started on this khukri house in Kathmandu called Kailash Blades.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=225885

Since then a bunch of us have bought blades. So many in fact that the business manager (an Aussie named Andrew) sent a knife with my recent order to give away to one lucky MDS member.

Up for grabs is a Kailash Blades Mutiny, straight from the mountains of Nepal. I won't post all of the specifics here, go check out the website.

Rules
    1. Prefer you pick this up from me in Darlington, White Marsh, or at my job in Pigtown. Time frame to be reasonable. An anonymous third party has told me they would cover shipping within the continental United States. (Amended 4/25 to add shipment note)

2. You will post a picture of your Kailash blade or another khukri that you own. I'm doing this because I don't want a pile up of 1 post noobz getting something from these guys for no input at all. If I find we aren't getting crap for entrants I'll amend the rules. I'll count a proof of an open order with Kailash as well to prove you're one of us cool kids.

3. Winner will show proof of an email to Bisnu and Andrew (I will provide their emails) thanking them for the blade and discussing what you see as the merits. It's one thing to make money off a product, it's another for a man half way across the world to know his living is appreciated. I'll sell you out here in a heartbeat if you don't do this although I expect my fellow MDS members to be nothing but honorable.

Post number is entry. Random number generator chooses winner May 4 around 8 pm. Enter as many times as you want. I'm going to enter myself which is kind of a conflict but I will pledge to post a screenshot of the random number site as proof if legitimacy. (Edited May 4, we cant take waiting any more).

I agreed to do this because brentona, myself, and others really love these guys and their products. They aren't making a dime on this giveaway, they sent me the knife free of charge as a thanks to MDS.

I want to thank the Mods for giving me the go ahead to host the giveaway.

Pretty knife. And, go!!

Attachments

• 20190424_195431.jpg
      20190424_195431.jpg
      101.6 KB · Views: 883
    • 20190424_195416.jpg
      20190424_195416.jpg
      94.4 KB · Views: 794
    Last edited:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Amending to say post a picture once, no need to post pictures like 40 times. Also if brentona wins or someone else out of state I'll have to ship but you'll pay shipping.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I am in!!

posted mine before but here it is again. My lovely 13" Dui Chirra mirrored finish with performance edge.

Attachments

• IMG_3861.jpg
      IMG_3861.jpg
      51.9 KB · Views: 810

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Awesomesauce. It's amazing how this has literally gone viral for the company just through this one website(mds). Not in because I guess I'm one of those n00bz that doesn't own a blade like this yet. But good luck all!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Awesomesauce. It's amazing how this has literally gone viral for the company just through this one website(mds). Not in because I guess I'm one of those n00bz that doesn't own a blade like this yet. But good luck all!

Can always order one. They have some inexpensive options. I got a cursive with my original scourge and it's a nice basic knife

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Can always order one. They have some inexpensive options. I got a cursive with my original scourge and it's a nice basic knife

TBH, I've been following the other thread closely and have visited the kailash site numerous times. I haven't ordered one because I can see that one turning into 10 or 12 real quick. My wife wouldn't be as understanding as your fiance:lol2:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    TBH, I've been following the other thread closely and have visited the kailash site numerous times. I haven't ordered one because I can see that one turning into 10 or 12 real quick. My wife wouldn't be as understanding as your fiance:lol2:

Easy to understand when I just dont say anything

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I think we can let that in Dave. More than anything I'm just trying to avoid a pile up of 1 post Facebook warriors who will never actually contribute to those guys or MDS

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Ok, let me try and add a picture
    Here’s my expedition cleaver and my scourge

Attachments

• 2A1690B4-BE6F-4699-914A-2C974CC12889.jpg
      2A1690B4-BE6F-4699-914A-2C974CC12889.jpg
      127.7 KB · Views: 330

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Here's my Kailash along with a 'Merican made knockoff (which is not nearly as nice though the kratom handle is grippy).

I been thinking about getting a second one from them, maybe this is my chance.

To those who are new to khukris, they are great chopping tools though way too heavy for some other machete tasks. Kalaish makes a solid product though, and has some more modern designs.

Attachments

• 20190424_205248.jpg
      20190424_205248.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 300

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I'm the one who bought this one. I really like it. Looking for reasons to buy more, I've been too slow on other blems that have come up.

Attachments

• 20190424_210508.jpg
      20190424_210508.jpg
      86.8 KB · Views: 301

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads