• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I’m convinced that many crimes are halted and not reported simply by a good gun stopping the threat right then, right there by displaying their gun.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is exactly why there are stats showing hundreds of thousands of cases a year of people using their firearms to protect themselves. Shots rarely are or ever had to have been fired for armed self defense to change the outcome of a would-be assault.

Notice this lefty's instinct to keep his truck in between himself and the predator, just in case the guy he got the jump on (or his buddy, in the street) never the less might still have a gun to pull out. Very glad for the guy on defense that it didn't have to escalate, though the predator sure seemed ready to make that happen before he was properly confronted. Dang.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    And if his restrictions were not lifted and he wasn’t carrying we could be talking about a very different outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Hope he doesn't get charged with brandishing.

Let's hear it for that security video (the guy who approached him on the street at night was clearly doing so in a threatening way as the guy was about to gain access to his locked work vehicle).

It really does make you want a forward/reverse dash cam and a body camera everywhere you freakin' go, just to shut down spurious charges like that.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It's really hard to make out, but I thought the gun might be a revolver based on proportions. Glad he didn't have to fire. Would be interesting if the MSP is contesting the lifting of his restrictions by the HPRB.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Should be more video, if it's like my nesting camera. I believe my front door does 1 min cycles, based on continuing movement.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    That was two or three yutes about to rob (or worse) him. Same exact thing happens down here every damn day. Good job to the permit holder.

4 actually. The first one is riding a bike on the sidewalk pacing the moving car (appears as a ghosted image). He loops back around to the victims blind side behind the truck as the main perp (looks like he is wearing a mask/bandana) approaches.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    They really need to start coming down hard on these marauding gangs of punks.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Breathe...........Breathe..........

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Boy that was a real knee slapper! You owe me an iPhone now that it’s covered in coffee!

Ok, back to the topic. Ain’t nothing gonna happen. How’s that squeegee kid problem going?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Uh

4 actually. The first one is riding a bike on the sidewalk pacing the moving car (appears as a ghosted image). He loops back around to the victims blind side behind the truck as the main perp (looks like he is wearing a mask/bandana) approaches.

I wonder if the initial intent was the car?

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I wonder if the initial intent was the car?

We’ll never know for sure, but work vehicles generally aren’t targeted for thefts/carjackings.

That being said, it does appear to be running, so it’s possible that it was the target. The guy that runs up distracts the owner while the others take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT