• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I just looked at the approved roster and did not see this model. DW has several other 1911 9mm in the roster. Does this mean that this model, Vigil, is not on the approved list?

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    If you or more importantly your FFL cannot find it on then list then there are really just 2 options.

1. Ask the state police to add it to the list. (your FFL should be able to help with this).
    2. Ask your FFL how they would proceed. Its possible that they can get creative and slip it through.

If your looking at buying it online, talk to your FFL and see if they are OK with you having it shipped and sitting at their store while you wait for it to be added.

Job

Jun 8, 2013
    I see the Vigil on the MD roster, but only the suppressor ready models. Does anyone know if the other DW Vigil models are approved in Maryland? Some guns they list a model number and others just the line of that model. No rhyme or reason to it really. :sad20:

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I see the Vigil on the MD roster, but only the suppressor ready models. Does anyone know if the other DW Vigil models are approved in Maryland? Some guns they list a model number and others just the line of that model. No rhyme or reason to it really. :sad20:

If they list a model number than only those specific models are Maryland legal unfortunately. If they have N/A like some of the other models then I read that as all versions of that model are Maryland legal.

I’ve been trying to decide on my first 1911 and probably half of the ones I like are not on the roster because they only list one or two specific model numbers of the 6 or so different versions of the model.

Job

Jun 8, 2013
    If they list a model number than only those specific models are Maryland legal unfortunately. If they have N/A like some of the other models then I read that as all versions of that model are Maryland legal.

I’ve been trying to decide on my first 1911 and probably half of the ones I like are not on the roster because they only list one or two specific model numbers of the 6 or so different versions of the model.

I hear ya, add night sights new SKU, change the color new SKU. You would think if it's the same model line of 1911, from the same manufacturer, they would just approve all the model #s. The gun has only been around for 108 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom