• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I was sitting around in my work space wanting to be able to steady up my 50 caliber S&W BFR. I looked at several adjustable shooting sticks on line. When in my work space I saw an adjustable painters pole. The light clicked on, I said this will work. I found an old wooden handle paint roller who had seen better days. I cut off about 3 inches from the screw end of the paint roller. Took a 3/4 inch piece of oak and cut a Y shape in it. Glued on some leather in the inside where the pistol rests. I painted the painters poll and the gun holder camo. Tested it out a big difference in long shots.

Attachments

• Shooting Stick.jpg
      Shooting Stick.jpg
      124.4 KB · Views: 449

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    would be cool if you could attach the yoke to a short tent pole or blind persons cane for quicker deployment and easier carry

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Looks great, and I bet you just saved a hundred bucks over one of the commercial ones.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    would be cool if you could attach the yoke to a short tent pole or blind persons cane for quicker deployment and easier carry

It also works great as a walking pole. I was in the woods checking out deer sign and brought it with me, made from aluminum and weighs 20 ounces.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Great Idea! How very American of you...useful, thinking outside the box, showing initiative, being practical... you sir are now on a list of persons deemed potentially dangerous to the New Order!

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Great Idea! How very American of you...useful, thinking outside the box, showing initiative, being practical... you sir are now on a list of persons deemed potentially dangerous to the New Order!

I love the new order, while they are trying to figure out the rules I will be making up my own. Do unto others but do it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom