• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I'm trying to decide between two Geissle triggers for my new DPMS AR-10 Bull, which should arrive this Friday at 2A. :drool:

I have several SSA-E two stage triggers in my AR-15s (which I love and would most likely be just fine on the new rifle) but am curious about their single stage triggers: Geissle Triggers.

This will be a dedicated target rifle, and might see some long range work if I ever get around to it.

Open to suggestions, and thanks in advance.

FWIW, I just installed a Larue trigger on a friend's AR-15, and am going to spend a bit more for the Geissle, which I prefer.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Geissle SD-E, light trigger, for target shooting. Pricey, but usually goes on sale during holiday sales at PSA, Primary, and the like.

Q

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I would recommend an AR gold trigger for a target AR. I have one and it is very nice, extremely crisp with a very short reset.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The High Speed National Match is one of the best that Geissele makes.

As a caution they dont always drop in all lowers.

They slightly oversize the Hammer and Trigger Pins on some kits and some lowers need the FCG bores to be honed to fit them, or the pins need to be turned. Some people press fit them I'm lowers but in my experience that causes inconsistent lock time and induces malfunctions when the weapon gets hot and fouled.

Just want you to be fully informed before buying one. They are nice though.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    The High Speed National Match is one of the best that Geissele makes.

As a caution they dont always drop in all lowers.

They slightly oversize the Hammer and Trigger Pins on some kits and some lowers need the FCG bores to be honed to fit them, or the pins need to be turned. Some people press fit them I'm lowers but in my experience that causes inconsistent lock time and induces malfunctions when the weapon gets hot and fouled.

Just want you to be fully informed before buying one. They are nice though.
    Thanks, I'll look into them. :thumbsup:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I’ve almost grown to hate my geissele triggers.

They’ve turned me into such a trigger snob.

I have to agree with you!

If I were a better shot, having a good trigger wouldn't make as big a difference in my accuracy. As it is, I suck, and anything I can do to help me shoot consistently is a bonus.

FWIW, last weekend I took the Hunter's Safety Course at Stoney Creek, and the shooting part of the class had us shooting ancient bolt action .22s with buckhorn open sights at 25 yards. They looked and felt a lot like carnival guns. The trigger pull on my rifle was at least 8lbs, very rough, and it made me appreciate what having a clean and lubed rifle with a good trigger is.

Many thanks to everybody who offered thoughts! I'm going to stick with the SSA-E for my incoming DPMS .308 Bull. It's good enough, and should be here early next week.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    I replaced the OEM trigger on my Armalite AR-10 with the SSA-E and have had nothing but problems. I am going to go back to the original as it turns out it is adjustable, and it NEVER failed. BTW, I do have SSA-E's on other AR's (5.56 & 300BO) and they work wonderfully!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    And of course, now that I've ordered and paid for one, they just put them on sale. :mad54:

I'm hoping that when I call them tomorrow they'll offer to make it up to me, either with a refund of the difference, or some other stuff.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    And of course, now that I've ordered and paid for one, they just put them on sale. :mad54:

I'm hoping that when I call them tomorrow they'll offer to make it up to me, either with a refund of the difference, or some other stuff.

The solution is simple: order another trigger on sale, then order another gun to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom