• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Full disclosure, I never watch that shit show. But in this case I received an email from a buddy a few minutes before show time to let me know they would be covering CCW. So I watched. Thought I might learn something. Nope.

I'm not a fan of Tim Schmidt... I belonged to his organization (USCCW) for two years, but got tired of the constant barrage of self-promotion. Maybe he did cover more important points in his interview that were edited out. Knowing the hyper-left lean of the media, I'm sure that's the case. That being said, the short segment on 60 minutes was pure fantasy, spin and total bull crap. :tdown:

Panther

Jan 22, 2017
    Lanham
    I just watched this piece and the overtime portion as well. For me, it seems that the purpose of this story was not to present the facts of CCW but to skew the uniformed(primarily left, big city folk) in a way to make them say, ”we cannot allow this!”. I honestly hate when they do not report on what is the true nature of gun related crimes and how it does not involve law abiding citizens. Liberals try to lump law abiding citizens with firearms into the same group with criminals who carry illegally everywhere in all states and commit crime with their illegal firearms. Why the media does this and why none of the pro-2a folks they used in this piece didn’t state this is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    They've always been biased along with the rest of the mainstream media. Sometimes the real power of the media is not what they report but what they leave out. I recall in the early 80s 60 Minutes did a story on nuclear power where they intentionally conflated the set-up for a certification test (where the NRC didn't need to be on-site) with the actual test itself (where the NRC did need to be on site). I know it was intentional because the plant had its cameras there too, and they filmed everything in parallel including the portion where they explained the difference to 60 Minutes. Leaving that distinction on the cutting room floor completely turned the story on its head. Alas this was back in the days when the internet was still the exclusive domain of DARPA, educational institutions, etc. and back before Fox News came along, so the proof of rebuttal and intentional deceit was only a local news story. The lies were national and no doubt believed, with way to get the truth out.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm surprised they actually did a story on this. They may have inadvertently brought more attention to the issue. The red state Dem senators up in 2018 were probably hoping it wouldn't get any coverage and wouldn't get voted on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom