• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Magpul is teasing us before shot show. They've released a video showing of the latest PMAG, the D60 60rd drum.

magpul-d60-660x446.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/13/magpul-pmag-d60/

I hope it comes in cheaper than the speculated price in the article, but it looks cool; nice and compact.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Probably like a hundred bucks street. I'd be in for one, but I wish they'd get the quad stack out.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    2 pmags are like $25 at most and hold the same amount of rounds.
    Plus they actually fit in your mag pouches. I don't know where the hell you'd stuff a drum.

Maybe Surefire will lower the price on their 60rd quad stack - that would be a nice outcome from this.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I hope it comes in cheaper than the speculated price in the article, but it looks cool; nice and compact.

$130 list is a steal for an AR drum. Have you priced a X-products or Beta drum? 2x that.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    $130 list is a steal for an AR drum. Have you priced a X-products or Beta drum? 2x that.

Oh I know how much drums normally run. That's why I don't own one. I also think even $130 is a bit much. They should be like $60-70 tops imo. Still this is the most consumer accessible drum option to hit the market.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I have plenty of 20s and 30s from magpul and larue but I also have one of the 40s from magpul, a cmag 100 rd drum and plan on the 60 and 100 from surefire.

This only makes sense that I will, at some point, own one of these too.

Don't care about the practicability, it's my money, lol.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Plus they actually fit in your mag pouches. I don't know where the hell you'd stuff a drum.

Maybe Surefire will lower the price on their 60rd quad stack - that would be a nice outcome from this.

My Beta drum came with its own pouch and carries nicely, even loaded with with 100x 125gr .300 blackout

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the (tactical) purpose of a 60rd mag/drum to lay down maximum firepower at initial contact, not to carry them as standard mags? Why the hate? Mag pouch compatibility doesn't bother me. Once expended, it will be tossed in a dump pouch. I believe drums tend to be more reliable than the quad stack design. I may be wrong though. If I was a soldier and had access to this i would be pretty happy.

Plus it's super cool! I'll be getting one!! :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom