• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I literally have crap luck with LPKs. Last time I got a Palmetto one and was missing a detent. This go around I picked up an Anderson kit and get two takedown pins and no pivot pin. To add insult to injury, I knew I had an extra pin from a previous build(again a messed up LPK) so I went hunting for it, and sure as sh*t it's another freaking takedown pin. One of these days I'll get a complete and correct kit.

So now I get to go out tomorrow an track down a pivot pin. Most likely one of our IPs will likely get to see my less than cheerful face. Sorry for the rant but it amazes me how poor QC can be on something like this; I mean I must have built a 100+ Lego sets as a kid which had way more parts than an LPK and those were never missing pieces haha. Anderson will be getting an email with a piece of my mind.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I bought a PSA LPK from an IP (WWRN) here on the forum, who, when I contacted him about missing parts, decided to just refer me to PSA. And guess who PSA sent me to?

Needless to say, I didn't go back.

If you are looking for LPKs, I picked one up from South Carroll Sporting Goods, and I am betting they have more. They have odd hours, but great folks ....

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I would like to give a big shout to DC-W for giving me a spare pivot pin this morning. Thanks again man!

Pictures of the rifle in question will be posted in the AR pic thread later.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I usually buy my LPS one at a time, piece by piece. Fewer headaches and I don't end up with shnit I don't need. I do buy pin kits and spring kits though.

thai

May 8, 2013
    I purchased 4 LWRCI enhanced lower parts kit and each one was complete. On the very last build I stupidly lost a detent pin to the front take down pin. It was going so smoothly on the first three build, that I became careless. So I ordered a set of 4 springs and 10 detent pins off Amazon for 3 buck with shipping. No hassle. Easily rectified.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    I make routine orders from Brownells, and will typically add a few small parts here and there for AR lowers and uppers especially if I'm close to a free or discounted shipping price. It's a good way to build up spares for when something like this happens. Sorry to hear it happened though; have you tried contacting whomever you bought it from and asked about a replacement?

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Precision Firearms takes a tackle box of every little detent and spring possible to shows. They saved my butt when the detent on the pivot pin I was assembling decided it wanted to become a projectile. Oh, and they sold the pin really cheap to. I now have spares!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I would like to give a big shout to DC-W for giving me a spare pivot pin this morning. Thanks again man! Pictures of the rifle in question will be posted in the AR pic thread later.

More than welcome. Don't forget the feet ;)

mdflyer

Nov 19, 2015
    I just went through a mess with Anderson LPKs a while back I got one and loved it everything worked great. The last two I have bought were a train wreck, the hammer was missing the detent spring in it in one and on the second the sear would not fit in the trigger. To andersons credit they did ship me trigger parts, although they were different parts than what came in the kits. Also the take down pins did not work smooth at all and had to be tapped to move them. They forgot to send them in the first package so they sent me another set.

Then they asked did I need anything else, so I said sure I need an adjustable gas block so they were so kind to give me free shipping, after they were already shipping me replacements???

I do like their triggers they seem to work very nice with a no spring kit and a little tweaking.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Knock on wood, but when I lost my mind and bought a bunch of lowers back before the rush, also bought a bunch of LPKs from Palmetto... to date haven't had any issues, but also build over an old towel.. anything drops, it doesn't bounce or roll away. Have taken too many pumps apart and had small parts disappear to make that same mistake with these toys.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I always install detents inside a big baggie, just in case one decides to run and hide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom