Form 3 approved * 10/13/16

Suppressor delivered to dealer * 10/19/16

Check cashed * 10/25/16

Form 4 approval * PENDING

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So, it's come down to that. That's too bad.

I specifically bought it before the deadline to avoid pics and prints. I'm not doing them and waiting another year. Just no.

It's in stock at BBpawn and ready to go for anyone who wants to start a form 4 on it.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well, I am still waiting on 5320.20s I entered around the end of May. Received one set back but, not the other. I submitted a second set about three weeks or so ago. Still waiting on that one as well.

Is it worth calling to get the status of a 5320.20 approval? How would I check? SN of one of the items on the 5320.20?

Dave

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well, I am still waiting on 5320.20s I entered around the end of May. Received one set back but, not the other. I submitted a second set about three weeks or so ago. Still waiting on that one as well.

Is it worth calling to get the status of a 5320.20 approval? How would I check? SN of one of the items on the 5320.20?

Dave

I had one take about 6 weeks. Usually not that long, but it does happen.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I had one take about 6 weeks. Usually not that long, but it does happen.

Well that first set is WELL past 6 weeks. Not sure if it got lost or put in file #13 (trash).

I submitted another copy just in case. Will wait a couple of more weeks then might call and ask why I am not seeing them returned.

Thankfully I am not out any money, just some fun times at a range that has steel to shoot.

Dave

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well that first set is WELL past 6 weeks. Not sure if it got lost or put in file #13 (trash).

I submitted another copy just in case. Will wait a couple of more weeks then might call and ask why I am not seeing them returned.

Thankfully I am not out any money, just some fun times at a range that has steel to shoot.

Dave

I think it's been almost 5 years since I did one. I should have qualified my statement.

MACTHEGUN

Aug 18, 2014
    Form 1 SBR's (3ea):

Mailed: July 12, 2016
    Check cashed: 19 July 2016
    Approved: July 18, 2017
    Stamp Received: Cricket, Cricket

This after playing Ping-Pong with the forms since apparently, ATF isn't allowed to find more than 1 thing wrong with your forms at a time.

To be honest, I don't think it affected the approval dates as one of the SBR's had no errors and wasn't involved with the table tennis fun and they all had the same approval date. Seriously though, they had a monumental task before them and really just want to keep us legit.

The bureaucrats, now that's a whole nutter matter.

FINALLY!

Received all three SBR form 1's on July 28

Now to submit form 4's for 2 cans and a SBS (currently waiting in jail) and see how long THAT takes.

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016
    A guy can submit a Form 1 or 4 then turn around and get a girl pregnant and chances are he will hold the baby in his hands before the NFA item?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    A guy can submit a Form 1 or 4 then turn around and get a girl pregnant and chances are he will hold the baby in his hands before the NFA item?

Yeah. I've long said you can make a human being faster than the atf can run a background check. :sad20:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

That certainly would have been true last year. But I'm hoping they catch up and it improves over time. My 3 SBR form 1's were received by the ATF in December, so I'm hoping they have mine completed by September.

One can hope, right?

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I talked with my dealer today and asked whether he heard anything from ATF. It seems their processing time is increasing. My dealer has some Form 4's submitted Sept. 1 of last year for other customers and they think they'll get processed in 2-3 months. The current wait is around 12-13 months, if he's right.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I talked with my dealer today and asked whether he heard anything from ATF. It seems their processing time is increasing. My dealer has some Form 4's submitted Sept. 1 of last year for other customers and they think they'll get processed in 2-3 months. The current wait is around 12-13 months, if he's right.

That is exactly why I called BS when people claimed that wait times would crash after the July rush was over. There was some dealers that said that the wait times in Jan/Feb of this year would be 2-3 months. Boy we're they wrong. I have a form 4 pending from Jan 15th and I don't expect anything for another 5-6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom