• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    is there a company that specializes in selling JUST HBAR for MD compliance????? If not hell, lets start one right now. these rules are INSANE.

No as they wouldn't make enough main to keep the lights on.

Plenty of high and low quality HBAR AR rifles out there.

What is your hold up for a non HBAR rifle? You can make a HBAR rifle do the same thing as a non HBAR. You can add all the fancy rails and lights that you want. You are just gaining a few ounces on the front of the weapon.

Recon_D0c

May 30, 2017
    so to be clear, in MD, there is no registration for AR-15's, because they are outright outlawed/banned.

an HBAR AR-15 is a cash and carry gun. no registration required. Is there a LEGAL specification to a HBAR, or it the tax stamp simply says HBAR, its good?

Recon_D0c

May 30, 2017
    No as they wouldn't make enough main to keep the lights on.

Plenty of high and low quality HBAR AR rifles out there.

What is your hold up for a non HBAR rifle? You can make a HBAR rifle do the same thing as a non HBAR. You can add all the fancy rails and lights that you want. You are just gaining a few ounces on the front of the weapon.

Is there a place where I can buy just the barrel? who is making high-end hbars? LWRC comes to mind obviously but a 9" rail on a 16" gun for my training purposes aint gonna give me the look I need. (do not mean appearance)

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Is there a place where I can buy just the barrel? who is making high-end hbars? LWRC comes to mind obviously but a 9" rail on a 16" gun for my training purposes aint gonna give me the look I need. (do not mean appearance)

You can get barrels on this thing called the internet.

Colt, FN, LWRC, and just about any other "high end" rifle is going to have a HBAR offering.

Many are going to be in the 16-18 inch length range. Many are going to be 1/7 or 1/9 twist.

Other than "look" there is very little difference between HBAR/non HBAR for the vast majority of AR's that see little to moderate use.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hell, if anything MD just made sure that we have more effective rifles. As HBAR's don't heat up and 'string' shots as quickly as the Gov't profile.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    It's pretty simple. Rifles BANNED in MD cannot be brought into MD if they were purchased after FSA2013, cut and dry.

If you decide to do it, the burden of proof is on YOU, not the state.
    Man that sux. Thanks for correcting my interpretation. I thought the delineation was between "purchasing" & "possession" as it pertains to the FSA2013.

Recon_D0c

May 30, 2017
    rifle im trying to get is the Taran Tactical Ultralight.

Most companies that I call highend do NOT put or even offer the HBAR option????

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    rifle im trying to get is the Taran Tactical Ultralight.

Most companies that I call highend do NOT put or even offer the HBAR option????

If it's advertised as HBAR, you're good. Otherwise, it's a no-go. Just run a few searches. Stuff will turn up. Pro tip: build it yourself.

Recon_D0c

May 30, 2017
    If it's advertised as HBAR, you're good. Otherwise, it's a no-go. Just run a few searches. Stuff will turn up. Pro tip: build it yourself.

yeah its not stamped. Im searching the internet now, but cannot find what the go to is for buying a HBAR alone. Is there a top name in the game?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Man that sux. Thanks for correcting my interpretation. I thought the delineation was between "purchasing" & "possession" as it pertains to the FSA2013.

No worries. :thumbsup:

It's why most of us with 'Pre-ban' rifles are holding onto them, because as long as we live in this state, they're irreplaceable - legally anyways.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Little weight is added via HBAR configuration over the Gov't profile in a 16" barrel. The M4-A1 an HBAR. The barrel profile is short between the receiver and FSB so keeps amount of weight added low. Not a big deal

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ( Various Topics )

An otherwise Grandfathered Banned Rifle can be inherited . But that means an actual Inheritance. Meaning the previous owner has to actually die, it must be named in the Will , and you recieve it from the Estate. Granddad or Uncle Charlie getting up in years, not shooting much any more, and giving it away is No Bueno .

Grandfathered Banned Rifle owned by you prior to Oct 1 2013 may be brought in, MUST be Registered same procedure as handguns .

Post Oct 1 2013 Banned Rifle may NOT be brought in , period, end of sentence . ( Disregarding certain weapons for official LE use, or temporary Mil duty.)

HBAR ( and non-Banned generally ) , may be brought in, without Registration , or other further actions.

( Discussion of HBAR status and characteristics is a conversation in itself. Feel free to start a thread on the subject un either "Rifles" or MD 2A subforums. )

Recon_D0c

May 30, 2017
    salient arms gry is a box fluted rifle.....I assume that's still a no go? have you guys known manufactures to make the tax receipt as HBAR even if not as advertised as one?

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    The burden of proof in a court of law is going to be on YOU, not the state, to prove the rifle is not in the state illegally. Being found guilty means you lose the ability to legally buy/own firearms.

Everyone has to live their own lives, and everyone decides what risks their willing to accept.

**And now is a good time to remind everyone that in the forum rules, there's distinctly warnings about discussions on how to circumvent the laws of this state, even if we may not like them.

This isn't an interesting thread.

I have bought a (now banned AR SIG m400 and a Arsenal AK) before the ban.

I do not know if I have the paperwork for these rifles. How would I prove that they were purchased before the ban?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    is there a company that specializes in selling JUST HBAR for MD compliance????? If not hell, lets start one right now. these rules are INSANE.

Engage in Rockville is a manufacturer and seller of MD compliant AR's.

To qualify as a Maryland legal HBAR, it must either have the barrel stamped HBAR, or be advertised as an HBAR. Even if it is physically a heavy weight bull barrel, if it does not have one of the above, it does not qualify as an HBAR in MD. I find that very strange, but that's how it is.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If otherwise HBAR, fluting is OK.

As rough rule of thumb , the lighter 16in HBAR will be similar in weight to 20in Gov't profile .

At various price points , commonly and routinely available HBARs include LWRC , Colt, Windham, Stag , Ruger, and Delton .

In addition , various Md based and Md familar FFL 007's can build you a custom rifle to your specs . Premere examples include Engage Armament in Rockville, Md , and Precision Firearms in WV , just across the state line , near Hagarstown , Md .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom