• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    If you have a non resident carry permit for Pennsylvania and if your Maryland Wear Carry expires while your PA permit is current. Make sure you send a copy of your updated Md permit to the Sheriffs office where the permit is issued. I have had my permit issued by York Co for I guess 20 years which during that time my Md permit had been renewed many times. York Co had never sent a notice asking for new permit dates nor was there ever anything said about it. Till the letter I received on Friday stating that my Md permit had expired (renewal date was 7/31 new one in my hand) and now my Pa permit was revoked. Frantic phone call, email and hard copy sent to get it reinstated ASAP. I go to Pa a lot on business. Just FYI Chris

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    This is correct they warned me about it last time I picked up my permit. The folks in york are super nice and very competent. Whole different experience from Maryland.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Happened to me couple years ago when I renewed my MD permit. The folks in York are great to deal with. Luckily Pa honors my WV permit so now there is one less I need to keep up with.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I had my new MD permit in hand right before the old one expired, called York County and they gave me the email address of the Sergeant and told me to scan my MD permit and email it to him. No fuss, no muss.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Adams county does not operate this way. I spoke with them. They will not renew, but otherwise they don't care. Yea for ADAMS county!
    This has been brought up in another thread... here somewhere.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Adams county does not operate this way. I spoke with them. They will not renew, but otherwise they don't care. Yea for ADAMS county!
    This has been brought up in another thread... here somewhere.

York county sounds pretty terrible. Lancaster also does it on the spot rather than a return for pickup. Glad I went there.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    York County folks are great. BTW, if you apply for a renewal, at least 14 days before expiration your permit remains valid during the pendency of any reapplication, appeal before the HPRB, or any petition for judicial review. Just say'in . . .

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    All is well after a phone conversion with Sqt Williams of York Co Sheriff's Department, I'm reinstated. But only after a stern reminder of the law and SOP.
    Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom