• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Any guesses where Richard Simmons got my email address and sent me an email about ‘fellow shooter’ Judge Crooks needing my support ?

Sent from
    Law Office of Richard A. Simmons
    Annapolis Professional Center II
    147 Old Solomons Island Road, Ste. 401
    Annapolis, MD 21401-3825
    (Located directly behind the Subaru dealership.)
    (443)623-6905 mobile/text
    (410)286-1220 Office/facsimile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Could be from a lot of sources. There are Data Mining and data analytics companies now that cater specifically to attorneys and can find out a lot.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I still can't get past the irony in his name.. I mean really a lawyer with the name "crooks." Now a judge. Seriously.

He's lived under a cloud of suspicion his entire life!

He's probably either a straight arrow with a persecution complex, or a ne'er-do-well who tries to live up to his name.

One indicator might be his record of dealing with the crooks who appear in his courtroom. Oh, wait....

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I cannot speak to his support for the 2nd Amendment but I did have jury duty in his court, he seemed to be pretty squared away and reasonable to me.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Richard Simons sued Dr Payne and went in front of Judge Crooks but Dr Payne was represented by Ima Lyer

Patent Guy

Rifleman
    Sep 1, 2010
    AA County
    Judge Mark Crooks is doing a good job and should be re-elected, IMO. He’s also retired Navy and a 2A supporter who shoots at AAFG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Unless somebody shows good reason not to, I plan to vote for him.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    Somewhere I started a thread that ended up with a bit of explanation as to why I’m running against him.

While I’m prohibited from talking about specific issues, I’ll remind everyone that in addition to criminal matters (which is Crooks’ only experience and approximately 1/3 of the circuit court docket), Circuit Court Judges hear civil matters (including torts, E&T, contracts), family/domestic, and perhaps the most often overlooked - administrative appeals from all manner of state and local boards and administrative agencies. That’s why I believe that local experience and knowledge matter.

I’ve been trying cases in Maryland courts for more than a decade. Crooks has tried zero. The entirety of his trial experience is in New York as an assistant DA and working in Baltimore for Rod Rosenstein as an AUSA. Federal is a completely different ballgame.

It’s not personal. It’s just the reason that a group of my colleagues who have appeared before him asked me to run.

-Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom