• swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Attorney General Frosh Joins Amicus Brief Defending State Laws Regulating
    the Public Carrying of Firearms

Coalition Defends Constitutionality of Licensing Laws​

BALTIMORE, MD (June 13, 2018) – Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh today joined a coalition of attorneys general in filing an amicus brief defending the constitutionality of a Massachusetts gun law preventing individuals from carrying a firearm in public unless they demonstrate an individualized need to do so.

“States have the authority to pass and implement common sense gun safety laws,” said Attorney General Frosh. “The laws in place in Maryland protect our citizens and are completely in accord with the Constitution.”

Read more in the full press release:

http://www.marylandattorneygeneral.gov/press/2018/061318.pdf

Attachments

• frosh1.jpg
      frosh1.jpg
      61.3 KB · Views: 849
    • frosh2.jpg
      frosh2.jpg
      87.5 KB · Views: 834

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    In the legal world, any assertions and phrases must have specific definitions or they're arbitrarily vague and vagueness in law tilts towards the plaintiff in a suit. The phrases "common sense" and "gun safety" are deliberately vague and arbitrary. Using vague phrases by the government is how they get the camel's nose under the tent to further expand it as the government defines it as time goes on.

All this presupposes any court it's argued in would be unbiased and follow time tested legal principles and the Constitution. We can't presume this will happen in many courts...especially a Maryland court.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It's ironic that these Ivy League-educated, urban-dwelling coastal politicians and AG's like him with absolutely no connection to the common man often invoke "common sense," when those who know and work with their ilk know that they typically have the least amount of common sense of anyone in our society.

"Common sense" is their code term, their dog whistle for, "I know better, so don't argue with me."

Is there any limit to their own notion of "common sense gun laws," short of prohibiting firearms altogether? No.

One could conjure up endless scenarios where a person is injured by a firearm under a multitude of circumstances, and of states wanting to pass a "common sense gun law" to address each one, or prevent them all. Theoretically.

Taken as a whole, it's death by a thousand cuts.

At some point, these AG's who represent the Leftist states' legislatures should be required to make an honest admission of their real intent.

And be driven from office.

Vote for Wolf for MD AG.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    It's ironic that these Ivy League-educated, urban-dwelling coastal politicians and AG's like him with absolutely no connection to the common man often invoke "common sense," when those who know and work with their ilk know that they typically have the least amount of common sense of anyone in our society.

"Common sense" is their code term, their dog whistle for, "I know better, so don't argue with me."

Is there any limit to their own notion of "common sense gun laws," short of prohibiting firearms altogether? No.

One could conjure up endless scenarios where a person is injured by a firearm under a multitude of circumstances, and of states wanting to pass a "common sense gun law" to address each one, or prevent them all. Theoretically.

At some point, these AG's who represent the Leftist states' legislatures should be required to make an honest admission of their real intent.

Vote for Wolf for MD AG.

^^^^What he said!^^^^

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    There are some folks who, if they fell head first in a Porta potty and were drowning, that I would not save.

Just saying

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md

Vote for Wolf for MD AG.

Ditto.

I wouldn't piss on Frosh if his pants were on fire.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Are his stats true???? Or are they sort of like how 55% of gun deaths are self inflicted and included in the overall death number. I would say the 800 citizens killed by CCW are probably mostly justified homicides

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    And ALL these AGs belong to a privileged class of citizens. They enjoy not only ordinary security protection, but enhanced security protection--provided by other citizens who carry firearms--paid for by the rest of us. This in the face of long standing judicial findings that LEOs have NO DUTY to protect the private citizen. So you can argue a demonstrated need to be armed in order to prevent being robbed, raped, hijacked, mugged, etc. A SECOND TIME.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    So he's okay with the 300 plus murders in Baltimore mostly by guns? His laws are helping to keep Marylander's safe correct? So 300 lives lost is safe in his book?

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    So he's okay with the 300 plus murders in Baltimore mostly by guns? His laws are helping to keep Marylander's safe correct? So 300 lives lost is safe in his book?

Look at the demographics of those victims, that is all anyone needs to do. Combine that with his statements should be all one needs to know about how he and his ilk feel.:sad20:

And they call conservatives racists.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N

Vote for Wolf for MD AG.

^^^^What he said!^^^^

Not surprised in the least. Frosh will never stop till he's voted out.

This is Marylandstan...Frosh is in the same mold as the apparatchik Joe Curran. Unless we can vote him out he'll be succeeded by someone else in the same mold.

Of course Frosh hates the little people to be able to carry. He does nothing to stop his own MSP officers from carrying a weapon to protect him. Just think what might happen to him if he did not have the MSP looking over him..

And ALL these AGs belong to a privileged class of citizens. They enjoy not only ordinary security protection, but enhanced security protection--provided by other citizens who carry firearms--paid for by the rest of us. This in the face of long standing judicial findings that LEOs have NO DUTY to protect the private citizen. So you can argue a demonstrated need to be armed in order to prevent being robbed, raped, hijacked, mugged, etc. A SECOND TIME.

It's time to help Craig Wolf in whatever way you can.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=219588

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The root cause of Maryland's mania ...

And the cure ...

Attachments

• Craig Wolf.jpg
      Craig Wolf.jpg
      9.3 KB · Views: 306

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Are his stats true???? Or are they sort of like how 55% of gun deaths are self inflicted and included in the overall death number. I would say the 800 citizens killed by CCW are probably mostly justified homicides

Let's presume that Frosh under-reported and all of the cited are non-justified. 1,000 over a ten-year period. That's 100 / year. Now I'm no mathematician, but that seems like it would be a pretty low homicide rate for permit holders as compared to the general public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom