• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    Who makes a good quality tripod stand for deer hunting? Looking for something that is made of thicker steel than the cheap stands and is nice and sturdy. I would build a wooden stand, but due to the location of the stand placement wood won't hold up like metal.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I bought a few of those tripods from Wal-world a few years ago. Put them down in the marsh where its salty/brackish. They've been up for years now. Ameristep is what I want to say the name brand is, not guide gear or big game. They work good and are affordable if you need a few of them.

Once they're up, I pound in one or two of those stamped metal green wire fence post from the feed store. Tie a piece of good rope tightly around the leg and the wind wont knock them over.
    Bolt two of the cheap handlebar rifle holders to the rail and your gtg for rifle or bow.

We leave one together for rapid deployment, throw it in the trailer and carry it around to a field where we need it.
    They work alright for what they are.

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    look up bog pod when you get a chance. They have a few different models. I use a carbon fiber Death grip for predator hunting and I think its great for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom