• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    Hi - I sent 2 PMs to Norton asking for my former accounts to be deleted, as I am no longer a Public Figure and desire to continue as Odarlin1, private individual. I have not gotten any response, nor is there anyway to tract on this site to see they have been sent.

At any rate, I would like to have a PM with Norton.

As for introduction - I live with my husband SCV/SAR Patriot in Carroll County, MD. Prior to serving in the MD GA on the House Judiciary Committee, I was an award-winning Journalist.

Thank you.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hi - I sent 2 PMs to Norton asking for my former accounts to be deleted, as I am no longer a Public Figure and desire to continue as Odarlin1, private individual. I have not gotten any response, nor is there anyway to tract on this site to see they have been sent.

At any rate, I would like to have a PM with Norton.

As for introduction - I live with my husband SCV/SAR Patriot in Carroll County, MD. Prior to serving in the MD GA on the House Judiciary Committee, I was an award-winning Journalist.

Thank you.

As others have said, his PM box likely is stuffed. Also, although as a mod, he helps set and enforce the rules of the house, not sure if he deals with these sorts of issues directly (TexKev might - if there were cause too). I do recollect that deleting past identities and posts is not done as it creates problems with threads, forum archives, etc. What is likely done is that an old account, if permitted to change to a new one, will no longer be usable. This might have automatically been done after he gave you the temp ban for the duplicate account. Usually it's an outright ban, but perhaps because you were straightforward about it and your husband indeed id'ed you in the past, he didn't view it as a purposeful attempt to subvert rules, and went with the admonition.

My two cents/respectful suggestion on a related point, avoid making call out threads. I'm sure many would enjoy your contributions to this community, but we're all guests and the mods have full time jobs (and have been helping here for years). If your posting ban was lifted, it indicates that you're in good standing. Develop a rapport with the membership and the mods over time, and you'll get help/feedback more quickly because people will know you (and your name/alias will be a known one from probably a sea of requests when there's limited time to address even a few of them).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED

As others have said, his PM box likely is stuffed. Also, although as a mod, he helps set and enforce the rules of the house, not sure if he deals with these sorts of issues directly (TexKev might - if there were cause too). I do recollect that deleting past identities and posts is not done as it creates problems with threads, forum archives, etc. What is likely done is that an old account, if permitted to change to a new one, will no longer be usable. This might have automatically been done after he gave you the temp ban for the duplicate account. Usually it's an outright ban, but perhaps because you were straightforward about it and your husband indeed id'ed you in the past, he didn't view it as a purposeful attempt to subvert rules, and went with the admonition.

My two cents/respectful suggestion on a related point, avoid making call out threads. I'm sure many would enjoy your contributions to this community, but we're all guests and the mods have full time jobs (and have been helping here for years). If your posting ban was lifted, it indicates that you're in good standing. Develop a rapport with the membership and the mods over time, and you'll get help/feedback more quickly because people will know you (and your name/alias will be a known one from probably a sea of requests when there's limited time to address even a few of them).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks Fidelity, the issue at hand at the time of the banning seemed to be the mutiple account issue. I PM’d Norton right away but neither of us have heard anything back. Just trying to make sure she is abiding by the rules set forth.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I would keep sending PMs until he answers.

You should make them more aggressive and threatening with each new one. Maybe increase their regularity as well. I also heard that threatening or filing a lawsuit on that basis is a good idea as well.

Just kidding, maybe be patient or try PMing texkev as others have noted. Also be aware, I think Norton said he has been working 60-80 hrs a week lately, so he is kinda busy.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 219

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OP, for what its worth. I initially signed up with a username that was to close to my actual name. I changed it by adding a new login. Well, Norton PM'd me politely and asked why I had 2 usernames and I explained why, told him I stopped using the other one and I asked to have the other one deleted and he said he could not delete (at least not back then) so it was set up to be "banned" at the time.

So, yes, my name was immortalized as a few posts then banned.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    OP, for what its worth. I initially signed up with a username that was to close to my actual name. I changed it by adding a new login. Well, Norton PM'd me politely and asked why I had 2 usernames and I explained why, told him I stopped using the other one and I asked to have the other one deleted and he said he could not delete (at least not back then) so it was set up to be "banned" at the time.

So, yes, my name was immortalized as a few posts then banned.

Thanks. I'll just need to see what the solution is. I have PMed Texkev.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom