• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    For the belt loop, maybe a little Connolly's Hide Care will lessen the initials, they don't look that deep.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Very nice

With the red felt mind sharing your photography techniques?

Your shots look like Jack The dog very well done

I bought a linen photography backdrop from Ebay for $12. The star of the show is a Pentax digital SLR that I bought second hand from a photographer who was upgrading. It does all the heavy lifting for me and then I crop and fine tune everything in a photo editor.
    Mark from JTD does superb work, probably the best on the web. And there are better photographers here on MDS. Wish my home layout had better access to natural lighting so I could take advantage of it. But lots of huge trees here in Catonsville don't make that possible, too much shade (which is fine by me in the hot summer months!).

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    For the belt loop, maybe a little Connolly's Hide Care will lessen the initials, they don't look that deep.

Worthwhile suggestion. Though sadly RWD scratched his initials deep into the leather some Lexol conditioner did improve the appearance. Made the best of it!
    While I hate it when this happens I also understand the why of it after reading accounts of soldiers, airmen and sailors having their war trophies pilfered on the long trips home. Perhaps it was done to help deter pilfering or aid in the return of stolen items.

Attachments

• IMGP8480.JPG
      IMGP8480.JPG
      40.1 KB · Views: 78

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Yeah, figure the rig to be worth $650-700 minimum, probably more. Didn't pay anywhere near that so I'm a happy camper. Still looking for that elusive Mauser 1934 with hard to find bakelite grips.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Mighty fine Mauser, congratulations on finding it. I agree with an earlier poster that your Lexol conditioning improved the holster a lot.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom