Are Rock River Triggers Really That Bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I don't think Steve thought Thumper was going to do that. I have video of him firing his first shot standing up, without having it tucked in really well. The scope almost gave him a big kiss. :lol2:

Yup, Had this happen recently at hap baker. All my fault and wow did it suck.

I thought for sure my 2 front teeth were going to be gone or in pieces.

.308 AR-10 is what "kissed me"

Dammit_Man

Jan 16, 2018
    I have the RRA national match chrome lined 2 stage trigger. You can get not chrome lined for cheaper but I'd rather have a hardened surface. Despite the small list of drawbacks I'm happy. It's not a geissle(sp), but it's also not priced that way. There are better triggers but if I'm building a match rifle on a budget, I don't know another trigger that fits the bill.

My biggest issue with it is that the trigger pins tend to walk. I'm not doing three gun with it so I don't really care either. It also doesn't feel as good as a geissle, but it's also cheaper and it meets the 4.5# requirements of NRA high power service rifle.

Long story short I'd get it again. I've heard people saying they break easily, I've dry fired mine every day since September and I still have faith in mine. You can get a better trigger, but a RRA NM trigger won't be the bottleneck, accuracy speaking.

Some people may hate on RRA for that story with the lobbying, but there's only like 3 armories that make complete match service rifle free float uppers and it's clear to me that RRA cares about that market.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I have the RRA national match chrome lined 2 stage trigger.

My biggest issue with it is that the trigger pins tend to walk.

RRA NM trigger pins are supposed to be oversized and fit snug in the receiver. The pins should also have the normal retention groove for the springs to rest in.
    Check the pin diameter, it should be .156 diameter according to their instructions.
    I have seen quite a few lowers with oversized trigger pin holes also. Most were made during the panic buying period under Obama.

Dammit_Man

Jan 16, 2018
    Anti walk pins aren't a bad idea. Its really not that critical though, it'll get through a match and the rifle is about 15-20 lbs so it's not like I'm running with it. I can live with pushing it back in once in a while.

If it becomes an issue I could slap some tape on it, or locktite maybe?

I'm cheap as shit, If I could I'd replace parts with duct tape until it looks like there's been a new breakthrough in polymer lowers.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Anti walk pins aren't a bad idea. Its really not that critical though, it'll get through a match and the rifle is about 15-20 lbs so it's not like I'm running with it. I can live with pushing it back in once in a while.

If it becomes an issue I could slap some tape on it, or locktite maybe?

I'm cheap as shit, If I could I'd replace parts with duct tape until it looks like there's been a new breakthrough in polymer lowers.

Electrical tape would work and it'll match pretty much.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Had a RRA NM 2-stage back in '09(?), briefly. Got it new, and I couldn't stand it. No issues igniting rounds, it just felt like garbage. Sold it for $50, I ate the loss just to get it the fvck out of my rifle.

Compared to my Geissele's, it wasn't even a comparison.

Exactly, I wouldn't bother with any other trigger than a Geissele.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Cmc, black rain, rise, POF....there's a little German company called anschutz that I hear can make a decent trigger if you're into shooting like a nerd /s

It would be interesting to see an Anschutz trigger in an AR!:innocent0
    I have a few bolt guns with Anschutz triggers. Nothing better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom