• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Nah, I use at least mid grade parts in my ARs... $2k, even the $1500 that's been floated been floated around can build something that shoots circles around a basic Colt while being just as reliable.

But is still won't be a Colt.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    People said the same goofy stuff about these when they came out:
    P1150884_zpsfde9os6j.jpg

There's WAY more to this game than how accurate your peashooter is.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I have a 6720 that I've been running pretty hard lately. Is that worth anything? I might be more careful. :lol2:

Also, I tried to sell an MT6700 a few weeks back and the shop wouldn't even make me an offer it was so low. I ended up trading it on a Daniel Defense and got $800 in trade on it I think. That rifle was unfired as far as I know.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    The MT 6700's are pretty much radioactive due to the heavy neutering. 6720's are $800 in Free America.

Gotcha on the MT, but what makes the 6920 collectible? The 6720 is probably the better rifle of the two. Both are long out of production.

ETA - looks like the 6720s are going for about $1K - so market rate for a decent AR. I'll continue to run the piss out of it.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Mainly just the fact that is says "M4 CARBINE" on the magazine well.

To figure out which of the newer Colt's is going to be worth dough, all ya' gotta do is think like a newb wanna-be operator. If it's going to make them feel like they're a special forces 5 o'clock shadow badass operator, they're going to throw money at you. The property marked SOCOM model hit every clitoral point these guys have in their brain. For those same weirdos of lesser means, "M4 CARBINE" will serve the purpose. These things are a tacticool loser's wet dream Barbie all ready for playing dress-up both at home and at the 25 yard range.

Personally, I look at the rifles as a commodity and it has served me very well.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I have a 6720 that I've been running pretty hard lately. Is that worth anything? I might be more careful. :lol2:

Also, I tried to sell an MT6700 a few weeks back and the shop wouldn't even make me an offer it was so low. I ended up trading it on a Daniel Defense and got $800 in trade on it I think. That rifle was unfired as far as I know.

I have a friend that bought one for $700 (very lightly used) about 6 months ago. He was looking at expensive rifles at a local store and I told him that was a hell of a deal and if he didn't buy it he was an idiot. I should have bought it instead but the budget was tight.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I have a friend that bought one for $700 (very lightly used) about 6 months ago. He was looking at expensive rifles at a local store and I told him that was a hell of a deal and if he didn't buy it he was an idiot. I should have bought it instead but the budget was tight.

They are one hell of a good rifle for shooting. Reliable, well built and durable for the long haul.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Mainly just the fact that is says "M4 CARBINE" on the magazine well.

To figure out which of the newer Colt's is going to be worth dough, all ya' gotta do is think like a newb wanna-be operator. If it's going to make them feel like they're a special forces 5 o'clock shadow badass operator, they're going to throw money at you. The property marked SOCOM model hit every clitoral point these guys have in their brain. For those same weirdos of lesser means, "M4 CARBINE" will serve the purpose. These things are a tacticool loser's wet dream Barbie all ready for playing dress-up both at home and at the 25 yard range.

Personally, I look at the rifles as a commodity and it has served me very well.

Sweet Jesus, just the M4 Carbine makes it tacticool? Mine has that. It is beat to hell (cosmetically).

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Sweet Jesus, just the M4 Carbine makes it tacticool? Mine has that. It is beat to hell (cosmetically).

Exactly why PSA sells an M4 Carbine, Property of US Gov't, stamped receiver, made by PSA.

It's one thing to want the Colt, but my eyes roll into the back of my head every time I see these on PSA.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Exactly why PSA sells an M4 Carbine, Property of US Gov't, stamped receiver, made by PSA.

It's one thing to want the Colt, but my eyes roll into the back of my head every time I see these on PSA.

Kinda like when Ruger and at least one Italian clone maker puts out a John Wayne Commemorative...the Duke carried Colts and Winchesters...not a Ruger or Eyetalian replicas! Something about that is just wrong!

Yes...I know John Wayne used Great Western revolvers made for him for "The Shootist"...but he did carry them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom