• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    .270 is a great round and one of my all time favorites for reaching out. Frankly I prefer it over the 30-06 anyday.

I have been leaning towards a .308 myself as I already have several .270s (Pump and bolt) and am looking for a gun that eats the same ammo as my LR308 and in a jam as my FR8. But that said for tack driving I prefer .270.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    .270 is a great round and one of my all time favorites for reaching out. Frankly I prefer it over the 30-06 anyday.

I have been leaning towards a .308 myself as I already have several .270s (Pump and bolt) and am looking for a gun that eats the same ammo as my LR308 and in a jam as my FR8. But that said for tack driving I prefer .270.

I gotta say for tack driving the .308 simply becasue of the match quality ammo available and the modest pressures. .270 is great but it's hot and almost all of the available ammo is geared toward hunting.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Ive had good luck with the Federal" power shocks" There cheap for todays prices. and most of the walmarts carry them. I use the power shocks in my .270, 30-30,30-06, 308 and .243.
    All of those calibers i have listed are at walmart for 13.97-15.97/box of 20

Ive used the winchester power points and remington core lokts, and they have performed good also. Ive used the powe shocks since it is a few bucks cheaper a box and performs the same IMHO

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I am trying to find a range where I can shoot my new rifle I am looking for one that is 100/200 yards and has target stands for me to use if anyone knows where I can go please let me know

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Come up to Hap Baker. It's a public range right off 140 on the left before you get to Westminster. Just turn into the county dump and follow the road straight to te back. The range is it the end of the road. It's 15$ a day for out of county residents and they have 25,50,100,200 yrds. I'd say it's about a 30-35 min drive for you.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    thank you. now i can't wait to try it out . it ran me under $400 for everything at walmart

Which Walmart did you buy it at? The Walmart in Germantown by my house stopped selling guns a LONG time ago, but I have heard they have pretty good prices at the ones that actually sell rifles and shotguns.

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I think all they had after I got my rifle in a deer gun was a Remi 770 but they can special order a gun for you if they don't have it in stock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom