• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    I have used it in a 45-70. It seemed to me to be "hot" and the cases are shorter than regular factory cases. It makes a difference if you reload. I am not sure if it the same with 30-30. I will have to say that it is accurate.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I have a Rossi 1892 that frequently fails to set off the .45LC Leverevolutions. But my SAA clone loves them. I blame the rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    A friend of mine has a Marlin 336 30-30 that loves them. I watched him drop 2 does at 150yds last fall. Both dead right there.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I hunt with iron sites and have been using the corelokt ammo. I can drop anything within 100 yards and its drops an inch or two already by then. I had a nice shot last year at 150 yards and passed on it as I know the drop would be 8" or so and hadn't practiced that ramge, so didn't take it. With it showing 2" drop over 200 yards, I got a bit excited. :D

Thanks, I'm going to pick some up.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    It shoots outstandingly well in my Marlin 444S with a Micro-Groove barrel. It’s dropped every deer I’ve shot with it in its tracks.

I haven’t tried it in my 30-30 though. I mainly stick to Remington Corelokt 150 grain. Off topic, but my Marlin 336 hates Privi Partisan ammo unfortunately though.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Years ago I used it in a 450 Marlin at 50 yards on a doe. The bullet either came apart or opened up a great deal as the exit hole was about fist sized. It did the job though but wasted more meat than the 350gr soft points I used that same year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom