• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ponypeddler87

Feb 17, 2013
    St. Marys
    I've heard from a local gun shop in St. Marys that Md is gonna try to do the same thing with long guns that they did to handguns. You will have to get a license to buy long guns. They were told this by a local politician. Has anyone else heard anything about this?:mad54:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Definitely not this year. Any such talk about something like this year is 100% rubbish.

If I had to predict for next year, I would guess they will attempt to upgrade the HQL to the equivalent of Illinois's FOID card, not just for long guns but for ammo purchase as well ... if the same legislature is re-elected, they will be quite emboldened.

On the other hand ... "local politicians" have been known to say some peculiar things during election years ... take all of what you hear from "them" with a grain of salt (and a shot of rye)

ponypeddler87

Feb 17, 2013
    St. Marys
    Definitely not this year. Any such talk about something like this year is 100% rubbish.

If I had to predict for next year, I would guess they will attempt to upgrade the HQL to the equivalent of Illinois's FOID card, not just for long guns but for ammo purchase as well ... if the same legislature is re-elected, they will be quite emboldened.

On the other hand ... "local politicians" have been known to say some peculiar things during election years ... take all of what you hear from "them" with a grain of salt (and a shot of rye)

I dont really know much about Illinois's stupid gun laws but i hope we dont go down the same road they are heading down

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    As gunshop rumors/ BS go, this one sounds pretty far-fetched, and impossible before next year.

Remain vigilant, and work hard to unseat the Dem incumbents in the June primaries by registering Democrat In Name Only.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    While I wouldn't put it past our illustrious politburo, this is a rumor. We shouldn't feed rumors...
    What St Mary's gun shop is spreading this rumor and what politician told them so?

ponypeddler87

Feb 17, 2013
    St. Marys
    While I wouldn't put it past our illustrious politburo, this is a rumor. We shouldn't feed rumors...
    What St Mary's gun shop is spreading this rumor and what politician told them so?

Gun locker is the gun shop that told me, and as far as the politician I can't remember what she told me but the only local one that comes to mind is McKay

NavyATFP

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 3, 2013
    Hyattsville
    I heard third hand from the friend of a gun shop employee that Prince George's and Montgomery County Young Democrats associations have been taken over by DINO's and will start raffling off Shotguns to raise money for our local school system(and then give some to Steny Hoyer). Im not sure what gun shop nor what politician said this though, might be Steny Hoyer.

:party29:

Mr H

Banana'd
    As always...

Proposals, rumors and gum-flapping have no weight, and serve no purpose other than to scare people.

We have the opportunity to use them, though. This sort of thing allows us to prepare plans to step in the way as we did this year, and keep pressure up to prevent them from becoming reality.

Sure, there was no real 'fire' in the legislative belly, but had we just sat back, they would have taken that opening and rammed.

We let them know we are still out here, and ready to stand up. But, if we take every little thing we hear and give it undeserved authority, it becomes tougher to stand up later.

Clear minds, clear goals, and prepare for election season... all the time making notes for later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom