• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    The Axis & Allies Match for July is in the books. This month we had our "British Invasion" match in honor of our U.S. Independence Day. The top score (292) went to the colonist Jeff Adams and his Garand and the Second place score (290) went to Rod Nicolette shooting an Enfield #4 Mk1. SO, you say the ungrateful colonists won again? Well, if you average all of the British rifle scores and compare them with the average of all of American rifle scores, the Brits come out on top with an average of 269 beating the Americans average score of 262. Make of it what you will, but one battle does not win the war this time.

As usual, it was a team effort by everybody and all had a great time (even though it was pretty darn hot).

Here's a link to the results:
    https://practiscore.com/…/3ffd6a8b-fb99-4aed-9d37-99180b9e7…

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I often wondered why that cat has remained in the bag so long. Yesterday my wife, an inexperienced shooter could consistently place nearly all of her shots in a small bore 100 yd target black with a freshened up P-14. Pretty good for confidence and building interest on her part that she could do it without getting beat up by a 06 or using special ammo recipe for recoil.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    It was a fun match. :party29: Thanks to Rod, the young Novotnys (Novotnies?) & the others for doing all the work (Registering, setting up, ROing, scoring & taking down) in jungle like heat & humidity. I calculated that they walked over 1200 yards in that heat, to make it happen, while I sat in the shade (with a fan):o. True, I have the honor of being the only old guy to succumb to the heat (last year). :sad20: Just a note to those sharpshooters who score in the top three...I'm always holding back because I live in the Red Flag "Freestate" and I don't want anyone to know just how good I really am.....just in case. :innocent0

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Here are the Brit forces that held off the upstart colonists.

Attachments

• British invasion.jpg
      British invasion.jpg
      95.4 KB · Views: 158

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads