Any shooting ranges in the Dahlgren/King George area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    With Myrtle Grove in Southern MD closed until late August, and other outdoor ranges in MD a long haul away, was wondering if there are any in that part of VA that I could go to for now?

Preferably ones that are outdoors and open to the public and dont need memberships? (pay by the hour/etc are fine.)

Hopefully with 100yard+ but 50-100yd are fine. Mostly plan to shoot some .22LR (rifle and pistol) and 5.56/.223 (rifle) and maybe some 9mm (pistol)

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    When I lived down that way for a short time, I inquired about shooting spots. Most either shoot on their own property, or friend/ relatives. There is also the private range near King George, long waiting list from what I heard, and of course Myrtle Grove. One place I found but is also limited in time of use is C.F. Phelps range over by Culpepper. It only operates Sept- March.

https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wma/cf-phelps/

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    There supposed to be building a new place new in King George maybe off rte 218 ? I had a hand out on it but cant put my hand on it now .I remember something about taking over a old golf course

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Thanks for the responses, looks like i will have to make the long haul up north through the traffic, or over stop in at one of the eastern shore places on the way to/from a friends house.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I know you said outdoor but Flat Broke Shooters are taking registration for there new indoor range Lexington Park Md. But you better look into it quickly i think this or next weekend is the last weekend for sign up

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    I belong to the Northern Virginia gun club by Dulghen off of 218 It is a privet rang with a new up to 200 yards and 4 pistol ranges trap, skeet and sporting clays it's not really cheap though cost $150. Plus you have to by stock every year at $150 So it's $300 a year its a very nice club though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I belong to the Northern Virginia gun club by Dulghen off of 218 It is a privet rang with a new up to 200 yards and 4 pistol ranges trap, skeet and sporting clays it's not really cheap though cost $150. Plus you have to by stock every year at $150 So it's $300 a year its a very nice club though

300 a year or is the first 150. a one time only? Thanks for the info

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    $150 a year and 4 shares of stock intel you get to 35 shares you can sell stock back if you leave the club It's $35 a share

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD

I was a member there some 18 years ago. Nice range. I'm glad to hear it's still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom