• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    so then would turning a cs scorpion 16 inch carbine into an sbr but putting a shorter barrel on it be a form 1?

Then I assume id have to deal with all the engraving ********?

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    so then would turning a cs scorpion 16 inch carbine into an sbr but putting a shorter barrel on it be a form 1?

Yes. You would create an SBR at that point with a Form 1. You are still subject to the 29" OAL rule with an SBR. Another route would be to buy the pistol version, Form 1 it, pin and weld a 3" muzzle brake to it, and throw on the stock.

Engraving is the easy part. A lot of shops will do it while you wait for a small fee.

Or you can throw a brace on the pistol.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

All the engraving ********? Lol, it took 15 minutes for Engage to do it while I looked at a bunch of cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    yeah, I mean, its a special trip just for that, not to mention a 30-45 minute drive.

Does it half to be the lower or upper that gets engraved?

On an AR-15, it's the lower. Whatever the ATF defines as the actual firearm. A jeweler can do it too; you can do it with a steel stamping set or by hand with a dremel if you don't care about it looking like crap.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    yeah, I mean, its a special trip just for that, not to mention a 30-45 minute drive.

Does it half to be the lower or upper that gets engraved?

Just the lower. Depends on where you live, there are several places around that do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    Since Silencer Shop informed me that it may still be 60 or more days until their Form 1 service is operational, I started the process with the ATF e-Form. However, when doing the Responsible Person's 5320.23 fillable pdf, only the ATF section is fillable. The CLEO portion is not. Is it ok with MSP to just send them a copy of the ATF portion of the form?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Quick question

I submitted a form 1 the other day and have my prints ready to send to the ATF. Was i supposed to get an email or some other notification on where to send the prints and responsible person form?

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Quick question

I submitted a form 1 the other day and have my prints ready to send to the ATF. Was i supposed to get an email or some other notification on where to send the prints and responsible person form?

You should have received a cover later via email to send with the prints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom