• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I've never been delayed before. Absolutely no criminal history and I don't any current federal clearances. Last week filled out the 4473 for a rifle and shotgun and boom I got a delay. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Pretty much every other person I spoke with also got a delay. Just remember that a right delayed is a right denied!
    Thinking it's maybe because I bought two long guns at once and the ATF / FBI are scrutinizing every single background check? I know that you might get paid a personal visit if you buy 4-5 or more at one time. It also could just because their systems are backed up. My check was researching for a good 10-15 minutes before going to status "Delay". It typically comes back for me instantaneously. I'll be filling out paperwork for another shotgun after these two clear. Since it will only be one on the form this time I'll see how it goes.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    3 Months back on a weekday it took me 5 mins for a background check, Sat the 2nd May it took 45 mins for same thing. The 5 min check was a 38SPL, the 45 min was a 10/22 receiver same shop. They said checks had been very slow for a while.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom