• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    As many of you know, my daughter is a Marine. We had a surprise a couple months ago when her last name suddenly changed on Facebook. She married a Marine she was dating, but didn't tell any one in the family until after the wedding. They both had a 96 hour liberty for Memorial Day weekend, so I flew them to Denver to meet my son-in-law.

Yesterday we drove my FJ Cruiser up into the mountains to go shooting. We set up camp at 11,000', built a fire, cooked lunch, and spent the afternoon shooting steel and clay.

I had been buying my daughter parts for an AR for her birthdays and boot camp graduation. Since she was here we went to the LGS to buy her a lower to finish off the rifle, so she could do the actual purchase and background check for the lower. I never knew it, but you have to be 21 to purchase a lower, not 18. She's only 20 so she couldn't buy the lower. The shop had a good deal on a S&W M&P15, so I bought her that. Now she has a new AR and I have one too, from everything I had bought to give her. Win win!

Yesterday I brought my S&W 642 Airweight 38 spl J frame, .357 mag SP101, my new Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan 454 Casull, LCP, XDs 45, and Glock 21. For rifles we had my daughter's new M&P15 and I brought my VZ-2008 that I bought from Hogsniper when I was imprisoned in Maryland.

Here is my new son-in-law shooting the SP101:

My daughter with the Glock 21:

My son with the M&P 15:

Son-in-law with the VZ:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Congratulations on having some great family bonding time and finding out that your daughter and son in-law will be parents.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Congratulations.
    Seriously I was thinking this was going to be a story about a rattlesnake.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Great story. Thank you for sharing.

One thing for her to consider. There is conflicting info about this but some experts believe that gunfire can cause damage to the child. Just wanted to toss that out there in case she didn't know, work wise and play wise.

I didn't let my wife be around any gunfire when she was carrying.

I'm sure you are proud, and you have every reason to be.

Chad

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Great story. Thank you for sharing.

One thing for her to consider. There is conflicting info about this but some experts believe that gunfire can cause damage to the child. Just wanted to toss that out there in case she didn't know, work wise and play wise.

I didn't let my wife be around any gunfire when she was carrying.

I'm sure you are proud, and you have every reason to be.

Chad

I've heard this too, be careful.

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom