• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    One day you'll get a visit from investigators inquiring whether you know the whereabouts of someone you knew in high school who is now a fugitive from justice. You'll wonder why they came to see you. You haven't seen the guy since graduation years ago. You weren't even friends at the time.

What you didn't know is when the guy disappeared, law enforcement began searching databases and looking at data for known acquaintances, colleagues, classmates, friends, etc. It turns out that just after the guy disappeared, your shopping patterns changed. Although you live alone, according to your grocery store bonus card, you started buying twice as much toilet paper as you did before. Add in the fact that WSSC bills show you began using more water every month than in past years, and so on. Pulling these and other scattered data points together, they suspect there are now two people in your household. Maybe you're harboring the fugitive? Perhaps it's worth checking out.

Is this the future?

Yes, it is. Collectivism ultimately leads to complete government control of every facet of life, because any area where we are left "free" is an area where we can use those freedoms to escape the mandates in other areas.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Cash will work until they manage to shut that down too or find other ways around it. One of the reasons I think the statists and their media tools love the idea of ride-sharing so much is it ties personal transportation into a credit card and database. Eventually, as the privately-owned autonomous car is phased-out over the next few decades, you could see a push for ride-sharing and driverless cars and whatever else comes after to provide data on things like who goes to a shooting range or gun store or other "places of interest." Heck you could have services start to refuse to pick you up or take to within x-number of feet of anywhere guns are sold. Or have your bank flag your account when you've just made a gun-related purchase, so a ride-sharing service can decline to pick you up to go home. The two inventions of the 20th Century that probably contributed more to individual liberty than anything were the mass-produced affordable personal automobile and the internet.

The car allowed anyone who had one, to travel at will, independent of the will of others with relatively minimal regulation except for safety laws. The internet allowed anyone to widely publish their knowledge and opinions and anyone to read them. Not surprising those are two things the left wants desperately to do away with. The cars they will eventually do away with under the names of safety and environmentalism. The free internet will go away under the name of security and protecting us from things like "Russians stealing the election!"

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    A way to consolidate purchases and just write a check for all of it at the end of the month, depriving the issuer interest and forcing them to pay you rewards points ;)

Working the system does have benefits. If I pay for something innocuous like groceries or furniture with a credit card the store pays the 2-3.5%. If i can save money (real dollars paying be check or cash) I’ll often do it but like you I’ll take the free perks if there is no downside.

Now Im also using credit cards for business purchases too. If the supplier charges a fee we’ll just write checks but if not we rack up points. I replaced a CNC spindle that cost $22k. That’s one free flight!

My wife and I were able to fly quite a bit last year using Southwest credit card points.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    A way to consolidate purchases and just write a check for all of it at the end of the month, depriving the issuer interest and forcing them to pay you rewards points ;)

:thumbsup:
    Never charge more than you can pay when the bill shows up.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    You think that's funny, but there's a concerted effort to get rid of cash in the EU. It's too hard to control what people do with it. They're beginning by cutting out large bills.

The US used to have $500, $1,000, $5,000, $10,000 and $100,000 denomination bills. If you own one, it's still legal tender, but due to rarity, worth more than face value.

There was talk some years back about phasing out the $100 bill; however, the need to have available for delivery pallet loads of these bills to bribe foreign nations soon ended that push.

Control the money and you control the people.

Some people now hoard gold coins. Of course, FDR made private ownership of gold currency illegal. Eventually that was relaxed.

Some people now hoard lead, in various useful forms, feeling that lead is the new gold.

Not true just yet, but it's easy to imagine a scenario where that would be only too true.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    This makes one wonder about the future of bitcoin and other "currencies" like it.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    It’s efforts like these that ensure some sort of future for crypto. Sure a lot of them are used as speculation tools but there’s a reason the Chinese fled to crypto, and with things like “social credit” floating around its going to get more popular. Same theory as hoarding gold/silver. There is a demand for unmonitored, non-government controlled currency.

The fed would excrete a brick but I’d love to see a major chain like Cabelas threaten to start accepting BTC or LTC if the banks try to hone in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    It discussions like these that cause me to reflect on Associate Justice Louis Brandies dissent in Olmstead v. United States, 277 U.S. 438 (1928), where he concluded that the Bill of Rights mean Americans enjoy the right to be let alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom