• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I have a Century C93 clone and want to make it look like this guy did. I have no back info on the photo but I’m curious if any of you recognize that slim checkered handguard on the Hk?

cd84498ef67fba6dae2f42d45af27359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    After some quick internet detective work, that would appear to be a an early HK93 "slim" handguard, circa 1970s production. Based on posts on HKpro they seem to be rare and expensive. There do seem to be instances of people buying more common slim G3/HK91 handguards and trimming them down to fit.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    That's my photo that I took years ago at my honey's parents house in West by God Virginia. Yes, that's an early HK 93 handguard. They are hard to find now and expensive (figure at least 300 bucks) but they are out there. It's nice to see that someone (Claus Espholt) has stolen it and it's making the rounds. LOL.

Here are a couple more slightly better pictures of it:

P1160052_zpsvd4svxve.jpg

P1160099_zps24heusmj.jpg

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    I used to have the slim and the fat and all the other parts made a DEAL with a guy thinking I did well......In retrospect, he made out and I got a .............word I don't like to use.

Live and learn.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Aha! Thanks VERY much everyone. All I was finding were the keymod and tactical handguards. Now to find a wood stock. I haven’t looked into those...hope it’s something available and I don’t have to modify a CETME stock or something. Time for some more research.

Combloc, that thing is drop dead gorgeous. Tickles my inner Sturmgewehr need. That green one...what is it called again? I’ve seen them but never actually known what they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom