• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Looking to start a true C&R collection (have a Tok) and want to look into a true Ww2 or older 1911 but am truly dumb about this stuff. Looking to stay under 3k and looking for suggestions and info.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jul 1, 2012
    Lots of nice Remington-Rands for $2k or less out there. Colts will run closer to your $3k or more. Ithaca's somewhere in between.
    To be truly "safe" I'd recommend going with a reputable dealer to ensure you get an all-correct example, with an exam period and return policy.
    I'll PM you some contact info for a couple guys I trust that usually have several WW2 1911-A1's on hand.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The CMP is about to release some US Army contract 1911s. There is a thread around here somewhere.

Can't use C&R to purchase. Has to go through one brick and mortar FFL. And two NICS checks.

It's a place to start if you're looking for a place to purchase.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I can suggest to you that you go to the Chantilly show and bring your C&R. don't know what particular you are looking for but my Remington Rand WWII dated 1911a1 was $1500 2 years ago.
    Same gun at the show I have seen for about $1800 now. $3K you can look at the guy on the right side down a row past the Food. I think its INdian river collectables. HIs stuff is on the high end.
    just as you go in, turn right then left again. Ruger's Luger's is a guy with one table and will have 1903 , 1917 Garands all hanging horizontally. He'll have 1911's and P38s.
    ON the left side of the main floor is a guy in a wheel chair with I recall red table cloths. He'll have 1911's in a display case.

Some of the WW1 Ithica stuff with reworked slides might be less than that. I think I started a thread when I was looking for mine, let me dig it up.
    Edit: Here it is
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=167420

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    What's nice is that you have a solid budget to work with. Don't need to settle for something iffy. Short of going my route of heavy research, which is rewarding but oh so time consuming, I'd follow somd_mustangs sage advice. He's forgotten more about 1911s than I would ever profess to know. Good hunting!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    You should have no problem finding a quality gun in that price range. Sure wont be a Union Switch and Signal but a solid, probably much better than average WWII 1911.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom