• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I think you’re right. I wonder if there’s confusion between only being able to order 20 round boxes and only being being able to order 20 boxes?
    Regardless it does seem like a supply issue.

Yeah I used to see this kind of thing more than once both when I was in law enforcement and buying for an agency and later when I was working as a rep for an ammo company among others. Ammo is a very, very tricky business with low profit margins and difficult as far as getting production and material intake right for supply and demand. Just guessing but the massive, relatively sudden shift away from .40 to 9mm by law enforcement nationwide may have them scrambling to catch up.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Just guessing, but it sounds to me like they might be having trouble trying to meet demand on LE contracts they are committed to, not anything nefarious. This happens with ammo companies more often than you might think.

This has become the hit round now. They are doing customer service not citizenry control.

They go where the $ is. Pretty good idea for a business operational plan.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    I got 300 rounds of HST in 50 round packaging last week. But i did have to look around and they cost more than the best prices that were "LE Only".

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Offhand, does anyone know of the next lowest cost round that's well reviewed for self defense? My CPR for federal HST 147gr has been 37-40 cents per round. Seems like all the other well reviewed defensive ammo is significantly more than that.

Gun tests just came out with a comparison and rated Fiocchi 147 grain JHP 9APDHP a best buy $20.75/50 at Luckygunner
    I have no personal experience with it

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Gun tests just came out with a comparison and rated Fiocchi 147 grain JHP 9APDHP a best buy $20.75/50 at Luckygunner
    Cool, I might try some of that out someday. Mass Ammo has 1000 rounds of 147gr standard pressure HST available for $369 shipped, so I just ordered that. Splitting it with a buddy. I figure 500 rounds will give me plenty of time to find new affordable defense ammo.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The last batch of hsts i bought a few years ago all the boxes said leo or military only.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Winchester Ranger T in 147 grain is insane. Over 16in penetration, and a nasty expansion average well over .70, with one bullet above .80.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

My 1911 in .45 ACP will eat anything including the Fiocchi. However, my 9's and 4'tays are finicky when it comes to Fiocchi, sometimes they like it and other times they just puke all over themselves with FTFs and some FTEs.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Going to be getting ahold of some more Fed 9mm Hst1, See my IP section for more info.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    What's the point of this?
    A cop isn't buying his own ammo for his service weapon so he's buying HST to keep him and his family safe, just like I am.

I think its a marketing scheme. Tell me I can't have it and the only thing I'm thinking about is how I can get it.

Yeah, when they see their sales drop off the edge of the earth they may change their mind about their cute marketing gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom