Ranges that allow non traditional targets.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Way back when we did the night shoot at Delmarva I blasted a few old Laptops with a 50bmg.

The night shoot was great. Too bad the situation won't let us do it again :sad20:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Or

I have a pile, too. Probably a hundred of them. I don't think they'll launch very well from a clay thrower, so I'm thinking they'd do nicely as some sort of ... John Wick IV: IT Manager action range thing. Some of them out at a hundred yards (off hand only!) and a bunch up close for a walk-through scenario where the Western Digital drives are innocent no-shoots, and the evil Seagate drives are peeking out from behind them as hostage takers. Or something.

Honestly, I've been saving them for some fine day when I meet the right person with a berm and a sense of humor. I know, no public or membership range is ever going to let me have a Hard Drive Erasure At The OK Corral, but a guy can dream. I did promise my customers that data would eventually be rendered unreadable, so the ammo and the gas is going to be a tax write off. :party29:

Or spend some downtime and build tons of hard drive clocks. Lol

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Or spend some downtime and build tons of hard drive clocks. Lol

Huh. That never would have occurred to me. That said, I really want to build a nixie clock. Gotta love my dieselpunk.

On a night shoot, I’d love to do one. Especially where I can use tracers. I’ve got a few hundred rounds of m856. I plan to keep most of it for...well no idea. But keeping it. That said, I’d still love to burn off a couple of mags around dusk at some 200+years targets.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    A bit off-topic, but do they provide target frames at Delmarva? and do you staple or clothespin the targets to the frames if provided?

Also, a bit more on-topic, If I were to shoot at old 12oz soda cans (expired contents that taste like crap, worse crap than they tasted fresh) would I have to set them on the ground, or could they fit on the frames or something else there?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    A bit off-topic, but do they provide target frames at Delmarva? and do you staple or clothespin the targets to the frames if provided?

Also, a bit more on-topic, If I were to shoot at old 12oz soda cans (expired contents that taste like crap, worse crap than they tasted fresh) would I have to set them on the ground, or could they fit on the frames or something else there?

They do have some simple wooden frames that you can staple paper targets too. I did see. Guy setup a simple wood 2x4 frame and set apples and water bottles on top of it then proceed to shoot them. So I think you could bring a wood target frame and hang soda cans from the frame.

They also have various steel targets and some bowling pins setup at 100, 150, 200 yds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

I was just there Friday and a heads up; anything out of the ordinary you bring must leave with you. I brought jugs of water and they will not let you throw the shot up jugs away in their trash containers anymore. So any cans, fruit, jugs etc etc bring a bin or something so you can transport it all back home to your own trash cans.

DarrellA

Jacksonian Independent
    Aug 20, 2013
    MD
    They also have various steel targets and some bowling pins setup at 100, 150, 200 yds.

And, a variety of steel targets and a target frame for your paper targets at 500 yards. I was there in May and had a great time finally getting to shoot beyond 200 yards. My first 4 or 5 shots landed nowhere to be seen … my spotter was looking at the wrong target. Once we got that sorted out I was able to hit them with ease. I'll be bringing some paper targets next time to check out what sort of groups I can get at that range.

Bring bug spray - the 'skeeters are sometimes horrendous!

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Went there today and it was a better experience than expected (helped by great weather). There are some logs/timbers (at least on the 50yd ones today, but had been there a while) that I set old soda cans on.

Really nice people running the place too.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    And, a variety of steel targets and a target frame for your paper targets at 500 yards. I was there in May and had a great time finally getting to shoot beyond 200 yards. My first 4 or 5 shots landed nowhere to be seen … my spotter was looking at the wrong target. Once we got that sorted out I was able to hit them with ease. I'll be bringing some paper targets next time to check out what sort of groups I can get at that range.

Bring bug spray - the 'skeeters are sometimes horrendous!

My dads friend came out with us and he had a target camera on the 500. He had a hand held screen that the camera was projecting back. It would also flash on where your shot landed. I'm sure it was expensive, but I want one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom