• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Why on earth would I buy this when the vz2008 and vz58 are still legal?...9mm ammo isn't much cheaper than 7.62x39

For the same reason people buy any of the pistol caliber carbines on the market today. Last I checked those things still sell. Maybe if you use a pistol range that does not permit rifle calibers. Maybe due to over penetration on steel targets that only accept pistol calibers (since they are usually cheaper). Maybe because you already own a VZ? Maybe for Home defense. I think the market is bigger than just Maryland so, maybe that. There is a 9mm AK named the Vityaz, that gun is very popular and there was a big push to get something similar to that rifle in the US, and here it is. So, there is interest in this particular rifle, might not be for you, but they can't keep them in stock for a reason........

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Carbines are normally smaller and lighter. For the cost of the rifle, I'm sure you could buy more expensive targets with the savings. There was a big push for the affordable care act also, but I don't know one person that has it. If this were (like someone said earlier) a $600-700 rifle I might entertain the thought.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Carbines are normally smaller and lighter. For the cost of the rifle, I'm sure you could buy more expensive targets with the savings. There was a big push for the affordable care act also, but I don't know one person that has it. If this were (like someone said earlier) a $600-700 rifle I might entertain the thought.

It's obviously not for you....

carbines are normally smaller and lighter? AR15 9mm carbines (which are very popular) share a similar foot print. When I think about AKs I guess the very next thing that comes to mind are ARs. They are pretty much identical in size and weight all things considered......

Lol, you don't know one person that has one.......... That could be for several reasons, like minded friends, small friend base, you don't get out much, the list goes on and on.........:D

Either way they're fairly new and demand is exceeding supply so that could account for you not seeing one in the wild.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom