Winchester USA .40 S&W Ammunition 500 rounds for $100 ($75 after rebate)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeganrocks

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County, MD

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      17 KB · Views: 554
    I am proud to be the first one to respond that I will never shop there again.

For the OP, I'm not the only one who was a victim of their gouging...
    I ordered 1000rds of Wolf 7.62x39 for $199. Two days later, Sandy Hook CT happened. My order was cancelled because item was "out of stock". Less than 2 hours later it was back in stock, but the price rose from $199 to $450.
    Never again.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I've never shopped there and wasn't in on the "gouging" issue, but
    1) CTD doesn't have and never did have a monopoly. You could have always shopped elsewhere;
    2) Prices apparently swing to extremes there, both high and low; and
    3) When their prices really ARE cheaper than dirt on something, aren't you cutting off your nose to spite your face by paying more elsewhere?

During the shortage, everybody charged a lot for ammo, when they had it.

I must be missing something.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    CheaperThanDirt cancelled confirmed orders that folks had and relisted the ammo at dramatically higher prices.

I won't ever do business with them. And around the country I am NOT alone.

Last edited:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    CheaperThanDirt cancelled confirmed orders that folks and relisted the ammo at dramatically higher prices.

I'm sure you aren't alone. Surprised there wasn't a class action lawsuit.

CheaperThanDirt cancelled confirmed orders that folks had and relisted the ammo at dramatically higher prices.

For the OP, I'm not the only one who was a victim of their gouging...
    I ordered 1000rds of Wolf 7.62x39 for $199. Two days later, Sandy Hook CT happened. My order was cancelled because item was "out of stock". Less than 2 hours later it was back in stock, but the price rose from $199 to $450.
    Never again.

I already posted they did it to me personally. This is not a second hand story.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So, if CTD is now getting its comeuppance by the marketplace and now has to sell ammo at slim or no profit (maybe a loss to keep cash flowing?), why not pile on to its competitive misery, and benefit yourself at the same time?

It's not like voluntarily doing business with Comcast, possibly one of the most evil, blatantly anti-2A corporations under the sun.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    So, if CTD is now getting its comeuppance by the marketplace and now has to sell ammo at slim or no profit (maybe a loss to keep cash flowing?), why not pile on to its competitive misery, and benefit yourself at the same time.
    Because that still helps a company that wilfully hurt Americans who value the 2A. End of story.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Regarding rebates, Winchester does not want photocopies of the UPC Codes on the box. They want you to send in all the original UPC Codes from the boxes. In my case ten codes. How did you all affix these to your Rebate Form, when you sent them in?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Regarding rebates, Winchester does not want photocopies of the UPC Codes on the box. They want you to send in all the original UPC Codes from the boxes. In my case ten codes. How did you all affix these to your Rebate Form, when you sent them in?

I sent in 15 and didn't attach them. I folded the original receipt and rebate form like you would any piece of paper to fit in a regular envelope (2 folds), unfolded them, spread out the upc codes, folded back up and put in envelope. I also wrapped a piece of clear packing tape all the way around the outside both directions, which I always do if there's something inside that could get loose if envelope gets torn. Never had a problem doing it this way.

Edit: When I did a Remington rebate last year I taped them all to a separate piece of paper because I sent in 30 at one time.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown

I taped ten of them to a piece of paper and wrote my name and address on the paper and included it with the original receipt and rebate form. Mailed mine yesterday right after UPS delivered the Ammo.
    I did make copies of everything also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom