• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Price is relatively low. It is a take down. It can take Glock mags. A threaded barrel is a factory option. Ruger’s customer service history. Accuracy is apparently pretty good. Factory pic rail.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    What's not to like? You get:
    -Ruger reliability, quality, and service
    -Takedown
    -Optics and suppressor ready
    -Uses Glock mags(which Magpul makes in high cap for cheap)
    -Adjustable length of pull stock

It's next on my list for sure.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I know someone on here who just bought one. They may chime in with their impression, but from what was said, it’s fun to shoot.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I have one and it is my new favorite hands down. Accurate,almost no recoil, tons of fun and reliable. I put 200 rounds with zero malfunctions. It takes Glock 9mm mags in all capacities. It's just cool!

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Still waiting for for local dealer to have one. Went to Gettysburg today looking for one. No luck.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I want one pretty bad, but I am gonna wait till I can get one local, plus I have a can coming that’s only been in jail for 3 months so I am in no hurry, plus ruger usually needs a couple runs to get the bugs out

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Does the Model really any different other than 17 rd or 10 rd magazine?
    Does any Glock magazine fit these 3 rifles?

Only options (now) are mag capacity and threaded barrel or not. They come with a Security 9 mag and an adapter to use glock 17, 19, or compatible mags. Supposedly an adapter exists for Ruger American mags, but you have to buy it from Ruger, and they always seem sold out.

I'm a Ruger fan, so they kinda had me at "hello." Other than that, the appeal to me is that it seems like a solid way to get into the PCC games. The Kel Tec's don't really appeal to me, and I'm not super interested in a 9mm AR. Plus, I like Ruger...and why not? :shrug:

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    I got mine in January. Engage Armament got 1 when they first came out and I bought it. I paid more than I wanted to, but I've shot it a lot. It's my go to fun to shoot rifle. I'm in the minority - I use Ruger mags. I already had a SR9E with a couple of mags, so just stuck with them.

To me it's like a higher powered .22. Little recoil, pretty cheap to shoot and really a lot of fun. It's accurate and reliable to boot.

Mine wore a red dot for a while.

It's currently wearing a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7.

I REALLY like this setup. Admittedly, it's overkill for 50-100 yards, but even my old eyes do pretty well with it.

It's my first PCC and won't be the last.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I got mine in January. Engage Armament got 1 when they first came out and I bought it. I paid more than I wanted to, but I've shot it a lot. It's my go to fun to shoot rifle. I'm in the minority - I use Ruger mags. I already had a SR9E with a couple of mags, so just stuck with them.

To me it's like a higher powered .22. Little recoil, pretty cheap to shoot and really a lot of fun. It's accurate and reliable to boot.

Mine wore a red dot for a while.

It's currently wearing a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7.

I REALLY like this setup. Admittedly, it's overkill for 50-100 yards, but even my old eyes do pretty well with it.

It's my first PCC and won't be the last.

That's a sweet setup:party29: Mine's still just in irons. I intend to put some kind of optic on it eventually, but there are just too many options :sad20: (I know...first world problems :o)

I really hate the fact that Ruger uses different magazines. They made the SR9 and Security 9 the same, why'd they have to go different with the American? :mad54: (This is especially frustrating because I have an American, and not the others :rolleyes:) Comparing the mag that came with the PCC to my Americans, I think it would just be a matter of a little dremel work on the catch hole in the SR9 mag to make it American compatible. One of these days, I'll get around to screwing up that mag...it's not like it does me any good anyway :innocent0

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Waiting for one in OD or wood. Shoulders like a normal rifle, its a ruger so its going to have a good warranty and is 9mm so soft shooting and takes a variety of mags.

All and all the JRC is a better gun but this is still a Ruger.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I’ll bet they have killer distributor versions in stainless with wood laminate stocks

SHUT YOUR MOUTH, THEY NEVER WILL! :tantrum:

:o

I bought a take down 10/22 when the first came out, but really wanted it in wood. Not too long after I chopped it's way into a wood stock, they started coming from the factory :sad20:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    PSA had these for $500 a few days ago. I'm trying to hold off because I already have a 9mm AR pistol. I don't think you could build an AR for that price.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    I want one pretty bad, but I am gonna wait till I can get one local, plus I have a can coming that’s only been in jail for 3 months so I am in no hurry, plus ruger usually needs a couple runs to get the bugs out

I was fondling one at the Tackle Box yesterday.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    I love mine.

Attachments

• DSC00019.jpg
      DSC00019.jpg
      65.8 KB · Views: 399
    • DSC00022.jpg
      DSC00022.jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 387