• SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD
    The last time I saw the Philippine Knife Fighting technique I was on my hands and knees trying to get the heck outta the bar.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The use of the balisong, Kali or balintawak style of knife fighting was learned as a right of passage from the streets. It was a must have survival skill that was required to live in the slums of Manila.

I'm pretty much interested in learning this kind of combat skill. FPS might be inclined to teach. ( I forgot, he upgraded to a Glock...lol)

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    I have great respect for Arnis, Escrima, and the other schools of thought on Philipino knife fighting. It must be lethal stuff if it sent the conquistadors back to ships looking for more guns.

If FPS is up to giving pointers, I'd be a most observant student.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    I used to train with Eskrima sticks.

FUNNNNNNNNNNNNN stuff.

Seriously, wicked wicked cool things.

A Flip buddy taught me, he was insanely good with them.

phenamunan

Jan 29, 2009
    Brooklyn Park, MD
    I ran into across some dudes in the course of my travels that trained in stick fighting. I played with them for a bit, nice technique and cultural exchange. They would tell me, "you got your chi and your joint locks and all those fancy strikes, we got L.L."

I said, "What's L.L?"

"Live Longer"

Good times.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I want to learn Palit-Palit ( Multiple enemies) and the Empty hand technique. This fighting method seems to be suited for our times. It is Dirty and uses whatever means to stop the opponent. The only winning score is " surviving the encounter". One of my biggest fears is facing a knife. That is up there with big hairy spiders and Water Snakes. But watching escrima/ kali fights , even in the movies is cool.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    the older brother is a second degree (probably higher now) has thought me few moves way back then.. the problem being.. you have to be coordinated to do this stuff.. which im lacking in that department.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    the older brother is a second degree (probably higher now) has thought me few moves way back then.. the problem being.. you have to be coordinated to do this stuff.. which im lacking in that department.

You and me both. That's why I went with Krav Maga....it suited my learning style much better than more technical disciplines like this.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    My wife and I trained with Escrima sticks once. Years ago we used to train in Aikido at a dojo in Parkville owned by a Chiropractor she used to work with. He also taught Pentjak Silat and we took a Silat seminar that he taught. The sticks were awesome to train with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom