• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Voyager Tanto half-serrated. Got it cheap, works for what I use it for (cutting boxes, general utility). I have carried a Kershaw Leek in the past, which was a great knife. The torsion bar on it broke, and a Kershaw dealer gave me another one gratis - but I have since misplaced it... :innocent0

I had a Benchmade 940 on my xmas/bday list last year... never got one - so it's having a second appearance for the upcoming bday/xmas season for me. :D

May 25, 2009
    How many of you carry more than one knife?

what are your thoughts on carrying two knives?

At least two knives. Sometimes three. The two fall under two categories: A beater utility knife I don't care about. I use them for work most days. The second is a very sharp, fast, and preferably large blade. Something I almost never use, so as to keep it razor sharp. The defensive knife always on the strong side.

I was just being a smart ass. I don't have a CCW, so my gun stays in the house.

Is it too paranoid to be aware of your surroundings and look for what could be used as a weapon should the need arise?

Ah, sarcasm doesn't transmit well via text. I'm pretty quick with a knife though, and know how to use one decently enough. A bit of Krav Maga and Muay Thai helps. I'd like to take some formal classes though, most of what I know is taught by friends who have a great deal of formal training. A Kali class would be nice too.

I don't think that's terribly paranoid. I try to stay aware to some extent, and know where the best source for a weapon is. Take note of exits much of the time. I take extra note of things when I'm in a higher risk situation. The walk I take to a friend of mines place is pretty sketchy so I usually go armed, and alert.

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    Kershaw Leek with a CPM-D2 composite blade. I swapped and loctite'd the pocket clip to be carried tip-up, and removed the safety.

If I wasn't worried about Baltimore City's finest having no clue what the law actually is, I'd OC a KaBar.

How do you flip the pocket clip around. I like having it that way over the conventional... were there holes you can use for the screws??

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    I carry this when I can.

glock23.jpg

When I cant, just a simple S&W folder

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    How do you flip the pocket clip around. I like having it that way over the conventional... were there holes you can use for the screws??

Yup, it's got two holes pre-tapped on the other end (same side of the frame) by the safety. I ended up removing my safety altogether, but when carried this way, the safety sticks out of the top of the pocket so it can be manipulated.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    I have a Benchmade 5270 Mini Auto Presidio Axis but I leave it at home since it was so expensive and I don't want to risk losing it. I paid 127 including tax and LE discount.

My EDC knife is a Kershaw Whirlwind. I also carry a cheap AO knife I bought for $10 at a Parkville gun show.

I am looking to buy a knife with the wave feature on it, either an Emerson or a Spyderco licensed model.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    I have an assortment of Benchmades I cycle through. I'm a Benchmade fan!

I switch between a Benchmade Mini Nitrous Stryker (BM907SBKD2) and a Benchmade Kulgera (BM930SBK).

I carry the Stryker at work and it's beat to hell, but very sharp. The Kulgera is my "dress up" knife since it still looks nice and pretty.

The Stryker:

dsc00272.jpg

Most of the time up here I carry my M&P 9c 4:00 strong side in a desantis cozy partner IWB, a spare mag horizontally at 7:00 in a buck knife holster, my Kahr PM9 BUG in the weak side pocket, Galco pocket holster, and my Benchmade Vex in my right hand pocket.

View attachment 12166

However, when visiting folks in MD, I still have the pocket knife, add a small can of fox labs spray, and my best pair of running shoes.:innocent0

If i was you - i'd stay away from deep water...

JMBmadness

Aug 18, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Columbia River Mini My Tighe is my normal carry, mainly because I have to carry a knife with under a 3" blade on campus.
    CRKTMiniMyTigheNet.jpg

I really like the serrated edge on this knife, its really useful for cutting boxes and things.

If Im not gonna be on campus I carry either my SOG Spec Elite II or on occasion my CRKT first strike, but it usually draws a bit too much attention since I have to OC it
    se18_250px.jpg

cr2705kod.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom