• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    With some practice, modern one hand openers are as fast as assisted openers, and autos, plus they have no springs to fail, or little, hard-to-find-under-stress, buttons to press.

This is true. I just bought a Spyderco Tenacious after viewing Nuttinfancy's Youtube review.

This thing deploys lightning fast and it's a manual knife. It almost makes me think that I might forgo AO blades from now on...well maybe not..they're too much fun:).

The Tenacious has the phosphor bronze low-friction bushings that make the blade leap out with a solid click. Not bad for $30 shipped from Amazon. It's the current knife in my EDC rotation.

SmithWesson66

Feb 28, 2009
    We have found it to be unreliable and result in lots of dropped knives.- George

Interesting. I have the cold steel AK47 which has the "wave" feature and I can see how it could cause an unreliable deployment, but I don't see dropping it. I alternate that, a Byrd Cara Cara G10, and a 5.11 Tarini karambit depending on my mood. The AK47 is a tank of a knife with the added grivery smashing tool on the bottom. I personally think the karambit could cause the most damage especially in a multiple attacker scenario.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    Interesting. I have the cold steel AK47 which has the "wave" feature and I can see how it could cause an unreliable deployment, but I don't see dropping it. I alternate that, a Byrd Cara Cara G10, and a 5.11 Tarini karambit depending on my mood. The AK47 is a tank of a knife with the added grivery smashing tool on the bottom. I personally think the karambit could cause the most damage especially in a multiple attacker scenario.

How do you make a thrust cut with the curved blade of the karambit? I would think that would be kind of difficult.

SmithWesson66

Feb 28, 2009
    How do you make a thrust cut with the curved blade of the karambit? I would think that would be kind of difficult.

The 5.11 karambit is actually perfectly designed for punching if you want a puncture thrust motion. It's different then the typical thrusting of a straight blade, but I think you can actually generate much more power with this style. Other than that, it's slashing is unmatchable.

mercop

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 7, 2008
    SW PA
    The only way you can pressure test is with a live attack (not preferred) or with a trainer that most "tactical folders" do not have available. Against multiple attackers I would take a car antenna or stick over a knife but would like to have both:)- George

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom